Once the Payroll has been completed in Wiise Payroll, there are just a few simple steps required to process the leave liability journals in the system. This page explains how to process this journal in order to bring your Leave Liability balance into line in Wiise using the integration with the Payroll system.
This is important when it comes to reconciling the month end Leave Liability that appears on the balance sheet. Just as is with the Pay Run journals, the Leave Liability journals also allow the dimension values of Wiise employees to be assigned to the ledger entries when bringing the balance up to date.
Any employees newly created in Wiise must have appropriate dimension values added in Wiise, before importing updating the leave balances.
The preconditions for importing a pay run are:
- The pay run is finalised
- Any new Employees are mapped and have dimensions added, and
- Any new G/L accounts are mapped.
To begin the process of Syncing Leave Liabilities:
- From the Wiise Home screen, click on ‘Payroll’ in the navigation bar, and then select ‘Leave Liabilities’.
NB: This opens up the Leave Liabilities window, which shows a list of all recent Leave journals, and whether/when each was imported (indicated by the Posted Date/Time column).
2. To update the Leave Liabilities balance, click on Process and then select Import from Payroll:
3. The general journals will be created and posted automatically. The Leave Balance will be brought into line up to the current date.
NB: It is recommended to run this function on the last day of the month, if not at the end of each pay run.
To view posted Ledger Entries:
- Click on an imported Leave Liability Journal and then select Process > G/L Entries:
2. This will show the ledger entries created by importing the Leave Liabilities.