In order to update an employee's pay run settings
- Go to the Employee menu
- Click on the Employee list
- Select the Employee whose details you wish to update
- Select Pay Run Settings in the left hand menu.
- Click on Pay Run Defaults.
You will see the following settings:
- Timesheets: You are able to enable timesheets, restrict timesheets, or enable just for exceptions. If timesheets are restricted, employees will not be able to submit timesheets themselves via WorkZone or the employee portal, however managers can still do this on their behalf.
- Pay Rate: You can select an hourly, daily, per annum or per month rate. The 'Apply for a specified date' button allows you to schedule a pay rate for an employee that will take effect at a future date. Detailed instructions on this can be found here.
- Job title: This is an optional field
- Pay condition rule set: If you have custom built automated rule sets (only available on the advanced plan) you are able to attach an employee to these.
- Tiered leave allowance templates: There are 2 default tiered leave allowance templates within the system that you can select from. Alternatively if you have created more they will appear here for selection.
- Leave allowance templates: There are a number of default leave allowance templates within the system that you can select from or use within a tiered leave allowance template. Alternatively if you have created more they will appear here for selection.
- Primary Location: all employees must be assigned a default location so the system knows where to cost earnings, deductions and leave if there is no other location assigned. Employees can be assigned to more than one location however. Refer here on how this is done.
- Notifications: You will note that notification modes are split between pay slips and rostering. If the business does not utilise the rostering feature then there is no need to apply a setting. Regarding pay slips however, you can only choose 'Email' if there is an email address recorded in the employee's file. Also, please be advised that assigning 'SMS' as the pay slip notification type will incur a cost per sms sent.
- Skills Development Levy (SDL): If this is ticked, the employee's earnings will be excluded from SDL calculations in each pay run
- Central Provident Fund (CPF): If this is ticked, the employee's earnings will be excluded from SDL calculations in each pay run
Standard Work Week
The Pay Run Defaults screen allows you to set up the working pattern of your employees. These settings then determine the following:
- the number of units of leave to be applied when an employee submits a leave request; and
- the conversion formula from days/weeks to hours when a leave request is applied in a pay run.
There are several ways to set up an employee's work pattern:
- Where an employee has fixed hours/days each week, you can set up advanced work hours; or
- If 1. above does not apply, you can set an employee's average hours and days per week. These settings are still important when analysing leave requests so are essential settings. By default, an employee's hours per day setting will default to the business' hours per day. This can be overridden by deselecting the "Use Standard Business Daily Hours" checkbox and entering the number of hours worked per day by the employee.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com