The gross to net report allows you to view a breakdown of total earnings, deductions and superannuation for each employee over a given period of time. Only data from finalised pay runs will be included in the report.
Run the report
- Go to the Reports menu.
- Locate Gross to Net report under the Payroll section.
- Select the appropriate filters for the report.
- The Gross to net report allows you to filter for a range of different date periods including:
This month, This Quarter to date, Last month, Last Quarter, Financial Year, Last Financial Year, Custom.
- If you want to select a specific pay run instead of a date range, you can change to that filter by clicking the toggle button:
- Remember that report results are based on DATE PAID.
- The other filters available are:
- Pay schedule - This will show all pay schedules that exist within the business;
- Default location - This refers to the location set as the employees default on their Employee file > Pay run defaults page (as at the date the pay run is created);
- Employee - You are able to select a singular employee to filter for. You cannot select multiple employees. The search field allows for employee name, employee Id, external Id and payroll Id;
- Pay categories - This will show all pay categories within the business, both award and non-award pay categories;
- Group by - The options are to have no grouping, or to group by the employee default location;
- Employing entity - If you have multiple employing entities in your business you are able to filter using all of them, or specific ones.
- When you have selected your filters, click Run report.
The report will list each employee along a singular line and will show the total hours before breaking it down further to show the pay categories that the employee has gross earnings attributed to, and will show the value for each of these.
It will also provide the following totals:
- Total gross earnings
- Total tax exempt earnings
- Pre-tax deductions
- Taxable earnings
- PAYG withheld (including HELP & SFSS)
- Post tax deductions
- Net earnings
- Superannuation (including SG & employer contributions)
- Total gross plus super
You can easily access the report filter and download button whilst scrolling through the report via a sticky filter, without having to scroll back to the top of the page. The sticky filter buttons will appear on the top right-hand side of the report when you scroll down the report:
Using this sticky filter, you can choose to change the filter parameters by clicking on the 'Filter' button and making the changes then clicking the 'Update' button. You also have the option to clear the filter completely to default by clicking the 'Clear filters' option at the bottom right-hand side of the sticky filter.
To download the report, select the Download button. Then select your preferred file format, either CSV or Excel. The download will then begin automatically.
Generate a draft report from a pay run
You can run the Gross to Net report for any pay run that has not yet been finalised.
- To generate a draft Gross to Net report from within any unfinalised pay run, open the relevant Pay Run and click the Reports button.
- Click the Gross to Net Report button.
- You will be taken to the Gross to Net report screen and the filter settings will have been auto populated to match the pay run you have just come from.
- Click Run Report.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com