Within the bureau dashboard, the three types of users are Bureau Admins, Bureau Managers and Payroll processors.
It's important to know that users with bureau admin access are able to access ALL brands, and ALL businesses within the partner account. With payroll processor access, you are able to individually select specific businesses that they have access to.
This article covers the following information:
- User types
- Add a user
- View a user
- Add a business to a user
- Remove a business from a user
- Disable a user
- Reinstate a user
There are three types of user within the bureau dashboard
- To manage users, go to Admin
- Click on Users
- Click on the name of the person who you want to edit the access of or click 'Add' to add a new user.
1. Bureau admin: For more information on this see here;
It is important to know that users with bureau admin access can access ALL brands, and ALL businesses within the partner account. With payroll processor access, you are able to select specific businesses individually that they have access to. You can view this article for more information on bureau dashboard user management.
Within the bureau, Bureau Admins are able to manage users. Users with Payroll processor access do not have access to the Users page.
2. Bureau manager
A Bureau Manager can be given access to a brand or brands, or be given access to all businesses. If they have access to a brand and new businesses are created within that brand then this bureau manager would have access to those businesses. However, if they have access to a list of businesses when a new one is created, they would need to be granted access to the new one. They can set up people as Payroll Processors.
3. Payroll processor: For more information on this see here.
Payroll processors may primarily be responsible for running the pay runs within a business, they will not have partner access. In this scenario, a payroll processor will be able to see the bureau activity feed, and perform actions such as creating workflows and business templates, but will not be able to add other users within the bureau or see businesses that they have not been given explicit access to. Additionally, once a payroll processor is added within the bureau dashboard, they are also given access to the business payroll file.
The primary user is another layer of filters that allows you to divide your clients between your payroll team. It allows your bureau managers and payroll processors to be selected as primary users for a business. This enables the bureau manager to see who is running the payrun on the activity feed.
The Primary User is an optional control that can be assigned to any user. They will be in charge of a business or group of businesses and their payruns and administrative affairs. They can be changed or even temporarily assigned at any time, for example when someone goes on holiday.
Add a user
The Add user section requires the following:
- Email address: You can enter an existing user by entering their email address below. Alternatively, if you enter a new email address, a new user will be set up with access to this bureau;
- Access type: This will default to payroll processor only if you are logged in as Bureau manager.
- Select Brand or Business or Available to all businesses: You can select individual brands or businesses or select all.
- Assign Primary User
- Select businesses/brands using the checkboxes.
- Click Save.
Logged in as Bureau Admin access
A user with Bureau Admin access, can add other Bureau Admins, Bureau Manager and Payroll Processors
Logged in as Bureau manager
Bureau Manager and Payroll Processors
Logged in as Payroll processor access
Anyone with Bureau admin or Bureau manager access can add a user with Payroll processor access from within the Bureau dashboard > Admin > Users page. Simply click the 'Add' button on the far right hand side. Payroll processors have no access to the users and cannot edit admin.
View a user
The first page is an overview of current users that include the following:
- Name: This will show both the name and email address of the user;
- Access level: Bureau Manager / Bureau admin / Payroll processor;
- Businesses assigned to: This will show the number of businesses that the user has access to. If you click that link, you'll be directed to the 'Edit user' page which lists the names of these businesses;
- Date: This reflects the date that the user was given access;
- Added by: The name of the user that created the access;
- Edit / disable: The pencil edit icon will direct you to the 'Edit user' page where you can make the necessary adjustments, and the disable icon will prevent the user from being able to access the bureau dashboard for the currently selected bureau and any brands, removing their access to all payrolls they currently manage. If you choose to disable a user, in the future, you can tick the 'Show disabled users' box in order to view their record and reactivate them.
Disable a user
There may be scenarios where you need to disable a user, such as when an employee leaves a bureau. Disabling the user will prevent them from being able to access the bureau dashboard for the currently selected bureau and any brands, removing their access to all payrolls they currently manage.
- Navigate to the Admin Menu.
- Select Users.
- Click the Disable user icon for the user in question.
- Confirm Disable the user.
- The user will no longer appear on the Users page unless you tick the Show disabled users option.
Reinstate a user
If a user has been disabled and you want to reverse this process, you can do so via the 'User management' page. Reactivating a user will restore their access to the bureau dashboard and payroll admin access to any payrolls they were previously managing.
Click the Show disabled users to view a user that has previously been disabled:
Click the green 'Reinstate' icon on the right hand side:
After you have confirm the process, the user will be reactivated. Add a business to a user
If you need to add additional businesses to an existing user, you can do this via the 'Edit user' page. Within the user details, you can either:
- Navigate to the Admin Menu
- Select Users
- Tick the 'Available to all businesses' box to give them access to all businesses within the partner account; or
- Click the drop down within the 'Select business' field and individually select businesses that you want to give them access to:
Remove a business from a user
Bureau admins can remove businesses from a user via the Edit user page.
- Navigate to the Admin Menu
- Select Users
- Go to the list of business names
- Click the red trash can
- Click Save, then confirm that you want to remove their payroll admin access for those businesses.
All other separate permissions for that user will remain intact.
NB: A business can only be removed from a user when the association isn’t implied (i.e. via a brand or reseller/partner association).
If you have any queries, please feel free to email us at email@example.com