To become a user with bureau admin access, you need to have Partner level access within the partner dashboard. When we create a partner account, as part of the process, we assign a user to have Partner level access within the partner dashboard. From here, any user that has this access is able to give other users Partner level access.
- Go to the Partner dashboard
- Next navigate to the Partner page.
- Select the relevant partner account and navigate to the 'User' page.
- Any user with 'Partner level access' can then be assigned 'Bureau admin' access within the bureau dashboard.
It is important to know that users with bureau admin access can access ALL brands, and ALL businesses within the partner account. If you want to restrict any brands/businesses that the user has access to, you will need to set them up as having Payroll processor access instead. With payroll processor access, you can individually select specific businesses they can access. You can view this article for more information on bureau dashboard user management.
NB: Only users with Partner level access can add other partner level users. Users with Brand level access can only add other brand level users.
The functionality that bureau admins have within the bureau dashboard are outlined in this article:
- Create / edit / disable users
- Access to all functionality within the admin page:
- Creating business templates
- Performing bulk updates
- Managing users
- Access to filter by brand and business within a reseller/partner account
- Ability to filter businesses if assigned as client manager
- Bureau admin users and notifications
Create / edit / disable bureau dashboard users
Bureau admins are able to create, edit and disable users with payroll processor access and Bureau Manage access.
- To manage users, go to Admin
- Click on Users
- Click on the name of the person who you want to edit the access of or click 'Add' to add a new user.
NB: From the bureau dashboard, you can create 'Payroll processor' access users and Bureau Managers. If you want to create another 'Bureau admin' user, see the information at the beginning of this article.
For detailed instructions on creating, editing and disabling users within the bureau dashboard, view this article.
Access to all functionality within the admin page
The admin consists of 3 functions, and a bureau admin is able to access all of these:
- Business templates: See this article for detailed information on business templates;
- Bulk actions: See this article for detailed information on bulk actions;
- Users: See this article for detailed information on managing users.
Access to filter by brand and business within a reseller/partner account
Bureau admins are able to access all brand's and businesses within the partner/reseller account that they are associated with. If you are associated with multiple reseller accounts, from within the bureau dashboard you can select the account that you want to work in by clicking the drop down in the top right hand corner of the page:
Once the account is selected, the 'Activity feed', 'Businesses' and 'Admin' pages, a user with bureau admin is able to filter by both brand and business:
Ability to filter businesses if assigned as client manager
A bureau admin user can also select others to have Primary user access.
- Go to Admin
- Click on Users.
- Click on the name of the person you want to edit the access of or click 'Add' to add a new user.
- Select the business/s or brand/s you want to assign to them. (You can assign more than one at a time).
- Click Assign Primary User.
- To remove, repeat steps 1-4 then click unassign primary user.
This is not an additional level of access in terms of function, but rather, it allows that user to be able to use their name as a filter on the Activity feed page when viewing pay runs and activities:
NB: You can assign a business to a user without also assigning them as a payroll manager. If you choose to do that, it gives the person access to that business, but will not change how those businesses will be displayed if you filter by team member, i.e. their name would not be able to be used as a filter.
Bureau admins and notifications
If a user is added as a bureau admin, by default, notifications for them are turned off. These notifications relate to actions such as leave, roster shifts, expenses etc. A full list of notifications are found in this article. In addition, users who would like to receive these notifications can follow the instructions in that article to turn on the notifications that they would like to receive.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org