There are 2 places where you can change the rate of an employee.
The first, is within the employee pay rates settings. To change an employees rates via the pay rates screen, simply follow these steps:
- Open the 'Employee file' > 'Pay rates' page:
- You will now see a list of the pay categories that rates can be assigned to for this employee. Simply enter in the new rates for those pay categories and click 'Save':
It’s important to note that any rate changes made to this employee will only apply to new pay runs. Any pay runs that are currently in progress will keep the rates that are currently applied.
To change the rates of an employee within an unfinalised pay run follow these steps:
- Open the unfinalised pay run that you wish to change the employee rates for
- Within the pay run, click on the employees name that you wish to change the rates for to expand the pay run details for this employee.
- Find the earnings line that you wish to change the rate for and in the text box where the rate is displayed, simply change the rate and click 'Save'
It’s important to note that this rate change will only apply to that line and for that pay run only. Future pay runs will revert to using the pay rates defined in the employee pay rates section.
If you have any questions on setting the rates for an employee, please let us know via email@example.com