You can access the CPF Lodgement report from the Payroll dashboard > Reports tab > Payroll reports section. It allows you to view all CPF contributions over a period of time.
N.B. If you run this report for pay run, the associated pay run will be locked from unlocking or deleting. This is to stop the possibility of data changing afterwards, and will protect the reporting integrity. If you run the report using the date range filter instead, no pay runs are locked and you are able to unlock/delete as required.
Filtering the report
- Date Range - this can be set by clicking on the calendar icon. Alternatively, you can search a specific pay run instead by clicking the 'date range' link to switch views. The date range uses the pay period date range to obtain data and not the date paid i.e. any earnings earned during the date range will be included in the report results, irrelevant of when they were paid.
- Pay Schedule - this will include all pay schedules set up in the payroll file;
- Payment type: The following payment types are included from the pay run/s;
- Mandatory Employer CPF
- Mandatory Employee CPF
- Chinese Development Assistance Council (CDAC) Fund Deductions
- Eurasian Community Fund (ECF) Deductions
- Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA) Fund Deductions
- Community Chest Deductions
- Mosque Building and Mendaki Fund (MBMF) Deductions
- Skills Development Levy
- Voluntary Employer CPF
- Voluntary Employer MediSave
- Default location - this will include all locations set up in the payroll file, and will report on CPF according to the location that the employee is attached to via their employee file > pay run defaults page;
- Employing Entity - this option will only appear if you do have employing entities set up in the payroll file, and will include all entities that have been set up in the business
Viewing the report
There are 4 columns that are displayed:
- Date of payment - reflects the date paid of the pay run
- Payment type - which of the payment types previously mentioned have had payments withheld
- Amount of payment
You are able to display the results in a number of ways:
- Expand all - Will show each employee listed under their default location
- Collapse all - Will show the total amount withheld for CPF contributions;
Exporting the report
You have the option to export this report to PDF as well as downloading the FTP file for loading into the CPFB website:
Other things to note:
- The ability to download a FTP file is only enabled when a CSN is provided in the payroll settings > Statutory reportng settings > CPF settings page
- The primary CSN is used for the mandatory payments, must have the payment type 'PTE'
- Additional CSN’s are only used for Voluntary Employer CPF and/or Voluntary Employer MediSave payments, payment types 'VCT' and 'AMS' are used for these payments
- If there are multiple employing entities set up, files will be produced for each EE CSN set up (where there is a relevant payment in the pay run)
- If voluntary employer CPF contributions have been made in the pay run for employees who are not citizens or permanent residents (NRIC doesn't start with T or S), the CPF amounts will not be included in the FTP file. These amounts must be manually added into the CPFB website. Skills development levy (SDL) and self help group contribution amounts will be included in the file for these employees however.
- When the report is generated for a date range as opposed to a pay run, the report will include data for all finalised pay runs which fall within that period e.g. if the business has a monthly pay schedule and a monthly managers pay schedule and each have a pay run with the same pay period, the CPF file produced will contain data for both pay runs. This allows the CPF data to be reported in a single file, instead of needing to do it multiple times for each pay run/schedule.
- The skills development levy (SDL) value is rounded down to the nearest dollar ($) in the FTP file.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com