On occasions you may have to allocate your employees costs across multiple locations. Before you do this you will have to ensure that you have the locations set up within your company's profile.
You will also need to ensure that employee/s working at multiple locations have the relevant locations allocated to their profile's within the system, so they are available to have hours/costs credited to the location/s.
There are three ways to split costs across multiple locations. Firstly, they can be entered through the time sheets, secondly by manually allocating earnings to a location within a pay run and thirdly by adding additional earnings lines within the employee file.
Please note: Options 2 & 3 won't work with pay conditions.
Using Time Sheets (see image below)
- When entering time sheets you have to select "employee" from the first column
- Then enter the "date" and "hours" worked. Total hours will show
- In the last column, using the drop down menu, select the location for these hours
The hours allocated to the location/s will be reflected within the Pay Run
Manually Allocating Earnings to a location within a Pay Run
- After a new Pay Run has been added, select the blue Action button (see image below).
- Select "Add Earnings" (see image above).
- When the new earnings line is showing, select correct "Pay Category"
- Then select the location you want to add the employees hours
- Adjust the hours according to amount of time worked at the selected location
- Once you start entering in the employees hours a "Save" button will appear. Ensure when you have completed filling in the hours you click this button to save your entry/ies (see image below).
The hours allocated to the location/s will be reflected within the Pay Run.
Adding additional Earnings lines within the employee file
By adding additional earnings lines within the employee file you will permanently create a line with every future Pay Run. This/these additional lines can be deleted if not required. You can also add more lines if required.
Follow these steps to add additional lines via the employee file;
- Select "Employee" from the top menu.
- Select "List".
- Select the employee you wish to add additional earnings lines.
- Select "Pay Rates" under the Pay Run Settings menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, under the heading "Additional Earnings Lines" use the "Add" button (see image below).
- Select "Pay Category" then select the "Location" you wish to allocate some hours against. Then click the "Save" button (see image below). This will create an additional "Earnings Line" in every future Pay Run for the selected employee. You can delete this line if not required or, add additional lines if necessary within the Pay Run.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com