The Leave Liability Report shows you the leave liabilities and leave $ value for each employee as at a current or future point in time. Leave liabilities are considered to be any leave category where the balance is to be paid out upon an employee's termination. The report can be accessed from the Reports tab (on the Dashboard screen) > Leave Liability (listed under the Payroll header).
In order to configure the report to your needs, select from the following parameters:
- As at date/ OR pay run filter. You can switch between these by clicking on the 'As at date' link.
- Leave type - you can choose to report on all leave categories or filter with just one category.
- Employing entity - this option will only appear if you have more than one employing entity set up in the business. If so, you can choose to report on all entities or filter to just report on one entity.
- Group by - Leave accrual location or employee default location. Selecting employee default location will have all leave liabilities costed against the employee's primary location (as assigned in their Pay Run Defaults screen). Otherwise, grouping by leave accrual location will split the liabilities between the locations the employee has worked and being paid against.
- Employee default location - you can choose to report on all locations or filter with just one location.
- Include approved leave - checking this option will include any future approved leave that has yet to be processed in the pay run. Approved leave hours are also taken into account when displaying the total leave hours available for the employee.
The report outputs both a summary and detailed information. The summary includes:
- Leave type
- Approved request hours total (if you have ticked the 'Include Approve Leave' checkbox)
- Leave hours total
- Leave value
The detailed report includes the following information:
- Employee - the employee name.
- Last period end date - the date that the pay period ends on.
- Calculated weeks - based on your leave category settings for the relevant leave type, if the leave type setting is configured to "Accrue in advance", the calculated weeks is calculating the number of weeks from the employee's last anniversary date (i.e. the number of weeks into the employee's accrual period) to the current/projected date entered in the "As At Date" report filter. If "Accrue in advance" is not ticked/configured within the leave category settings for the relevant leave type, then the calculated weeks is calculating the number of weeks from today's date to current/projected date. Where the report 'as at' is for the past or today's date, then the calculated weeks will show as zero (0).
- Leave type - the leave category name.
- Approved requests - any approved leave request.
- Approved request hours - the approved leave request value, converted in hours. Converting days to hours is done by multiplying the balance in days by the number of hours worked per day, as stated in the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen. Converting weeks to hours is done by multiplying the balance in weeks by the number of hours worked per week, as stated in the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen.
- Leave balance - the available leave balance.
- Leave hours - the total leave hours which includes the available leave balance hours and the approved request hours.
- Leave value - the total leave value. The employee's pay rate, as provided in the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen, is used to calculate the 'Leave value' amount. This is done by multiplying the hourly pay rate by the 'Leave Hours' amount.
There are a number of ways of viewing this report by clicking 'Expand All', 'Collapse All' and 'Show All Employees'.
Clicking on "Run Report" will display the report data on the screen. You can also export this report to CSV, Excel or PDF and can also be added to report packs.
- If the report is generated for a point in time in the future, employee’s leave balance will be projected forward according to their expected accruals during that time. It will also take into account any capping rules and honour leave accrued in advance.
- Approved leave will only be included if it's for a period that's after the paid date of the most recent pay run for an employee - the report will assume that anything prior to that date will have been applied to a pay run.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via email@example.com.