The Leave Balances Report shows you the leave balances and leave $ value for each employee as at a historic or current point in time. The report can be accessed from the Reports tab (on the Dashboard screen) > Leave Balances (listed under the Payroll header).
In order to configure the report to your needs, select from the following parameters:
- As at date/ OR pay run filter. You can switch between these by clicking on the 'As at date' link. If entering a specific date, take note that the report will only provide leave balances for dates up to the date you are generating the report. Entering in a date in the future will not work with this report. If you are after future balances, the Leave Liability Report will suit that purpose.
- Group by - Leave accrual location or employee default location. Selecting employee default location will have all leave balances costed against the employee's primary location (as assigned in their Pay Run Defaults screen). Otherwise, grouping by leave accrual location will split the leave balances between the locations the employee has worked and being paid against.
- Employee default location - you can choose to report on all locations or filter with just one location.
- Leave type - you can choose to report on all leave categories or filter with just one category.
- Employing entity - this option will only appear if you have more than one employing entity set up in the business. If so, you can choose to report on all entities or filter to just report on one entity.
- Hide leave values - Ticking this option will hide the monetary value of the leave balances and only display the balance in the relevant unit type.
The report then gives you both a summary and detailed information. The summary includes:
- Leave type;
- Leave hours total; and
- Leave value (unless filtered not to show).
The detailed information includes:
- Employee - employee name;
- Location - the location displayed here depends on your location grouping option, ie the employee's default location or leave earnings location;
- Leave type - if you have selected 'All' this will show all leave categories that are tracked;
- Leave balance - the available leave balance;
- Leave hours - the available leave balance converted in hours. Converting days to hours is done by multiplying the balance in days by the number of hours worked per day, as stated in the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen. Converting weeks to hours is done by multiplying the balance in weeks by the number of hours worked per week, as stated in the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen.
- Leave value - the total leave value. This information will only display if the 'Hide leave values' checkbox has not been ticked. The employee's pay rate, as provided in the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen, is used to calculate the 'Leave value' amount. This is done by multiplying the hourly pay rate by the 'Leave hours' amount.
Clicking on "Run Report" will display the report data on the screen. You can also export this report to CSV, Excel or PDF and can also be added to report packs.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com.