To update an employees tax file declaration you need to open the employee file and then click the 'NRIC' tab on the left menu:
Important information on this page includes:
- NRIC/FIN: (required). This field is immediately validated and you will only be able to proceed if the number is correct.
- Expiry date: Optional. Only fill in if using a FIN number
- Employment type: (required). Select between part time or full time.
- Nationality: (required) Select from the drop down box allows you to select the employee's nationality. This data is used for reporting to the IRAS.
- Religion & Ethnicity: These fields are optional and are only used for reporting purposes.
- Legal status: (required). Select from citizen, permanent resident, tax resident, foreigner.
- Covered by Employment Act: (required)The Employment Act does not cover employees who are managers/executives, seamen, domestic workers or government employees. Part 4 of the Employment Act (which covers rest days, hours of work and overtime) is only relevant to employees earning less than $2,600 or workmen who earn less than $4,500 per month.
- Employee group: (required) This determines the CPF rate that will apply to the employee. Select from private sector, non-pensionable government, pensionable government.
Click Save when finished.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com