When you are satisfied with all the data in your pay run, you can finalise it.
Finalising the pay run will lock all the data at that point in time. This will then make the data available in reports, enable the CPF lodgement report for the pay run and also allows pay slips for the pay run to be visible to employees from the employee portal (if the 'publish pay slips' option is selected).
To finalise a pay run you will need to:
- Open the pay run you wish to finalise;
- From the 'Actions' tab click the 'Finalise Pay Run' button:
In the dialogue that drops down, there will be a selection of finalisation preferences. When you initially create a pay schedule you have the option to configure default settings that will apply here. If you have done this, but want to change them (either permanently or on an ad hoc basis) you can do so here:
- Date Paid: this date will pre-populate from the paid date entered when creating the pay run;
- Journals: This option only relates to API-integrated journals. The option to configure journals will not be available for file import journals services eg MYOB.
- Publish pay slips: Immediately / Manually / Date & time picker
- Employee notifications: Send / Don’t send (This option won’t display if you have selected 'manual')
- Report packs: Immediately / Date & time picker / Do not run. If reports are configured to run, you are able to select the report packs from the available checkboxes. This option will not show if you do not have report packs configured.
Once the pay run is finalised the pay run will be locked.
If the CPF settings have been provided for CPF payments, you will now see the 'Download CPF Lodgement Report' button. This button allows you to generate the FTP file for uploading and making payments to the Central Provident Fund Board (CPFB). The file should be uploaded into the e-Submit@web portal.
Note: Files downloaded via the pay run will only contain data for that specific pay run. If there are multiple pay runs across multiple schedules for the month, each file will need to be downloaded and processed into the e-Submit@web portal individually. If the file is downloaded via the Reports page and the date range option is selected instead of the pay run option, the report will include data for all finalised pay runs which fall within that period e.g. if the business has a monthly pay schedule and a monthly managers pay schedule and each have a pay run with the same pay frequency and dates, the CPF file produced via Reports will contain data for both pay runs. This allows the CPF data to be reported in a single file, instead of needing to do it multiple times for each pay run/schedule.
Should you need to edit the pay run you can unlock it as long as you have NOT yet generated the CPF file. Click here to see how to unlock a pay run.
Note: If the 'Finalise Pay Run' button is not accessible, the easiest way to solve this problem is to 'zoom out' on your browser. You can do this by either:
- pressing "Ctrl + -" i.e. Control and the minus key at the same time
- holding down the Ctrl button and using the wheel on your mouse to scroll down
This will zoom out and let you see the rest of the screen, including the finalise button.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org