When you are satisfied with all the data in your pay run, you can finalise it.
Finalising the pay run will lock all the data at that point in time. This will then make the data available in reports, enable the CPF lodgement report for the pay run and also allows pay slips for the pay run to be visible to employees from the employee portal (if the 'publish pay slips' option is selected).
To finalise a pay run you will need to:
- Open the pay run you wish to finalise;
- From the 'Actions' tab click the 'Finalise Pay Run' button:
In the dialogue that opens:
- Date Paid: this date will pre-populate from the paid date entered when creating the pay run;
- Publish Pay Slips: publishing pay slips will make them available for employees to view or download from the employee self-service portal or the WorkZone app
Note: the system will remember the options selected for pay slips. If you need to change these you can do so when finalising each pay run; and
- Notifications: once the pay slips have been published you can send a notification to the employee advising them that their pay slips are available
Once the pay run is finalised the pay run will be locked.
If the CPF settings have been provided for CPF payments, you will now see the 'Download CPF Lodgement Report' button. This button allows you to generate the FTP file for uploading and making payments to the Central Provident Fund Board (CPFB). The file should be uploaded into the e-Submit@web portal.
Should you need to edit the pay run you can unlock it as long as you have NOT yet generated the CPF file. Click here to see how to unlock a pay run.
Note: If the 'Finalise Pay Run' button is not accessible, the easiest way to solve this problem is to 'zoom out' on your browser. You can do this by either:
- pressing "Ctrl + -" i.e. Control and the minus key at the same time
- holding down the Ctrl button and using the wheel on your mouse to scroll down
This will zoom out and let you see the rest of the screen, including the finalise button.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org