Looking up the payment history for an employee is simple thanks to the employee payment history report.
As a payroll administrator it’s often handy to look up the payment history for an employee because:
- An employee has a query about their pay
- An employee requests the report as they need to provide this information to a 3rd party
- You need to quickly reconcile payments against a bank account
To run the payment history report, you simply need to:
- Click the 'Reports' menu
- Under the 'Payroll Reports' section click 'Employee Payment History'
The report allows you to set the following parameters:
- Date Range - There are multiple frequencies to choose from as well as a 'custom range'. Additionally, if you want to select a specific pay run instead of a date range, you can change to that filter by clicking the toggle button:
- Employee Default location - Uses the location set as the employee's default location on the employee file > pay run defaults page.
- Employee: You are able to select a singular employee to filter for. You cannot select multiple employees. The search field allows for employee name, employee Id, external Id and payroll Id;
- Employing Entity (if applicable)
Remember that report results are based on DATE PAID.
The report will show a summary with the employee name and the total amount paid for that period. Click the employee name to view the payment details for that employee.
You can easily access the report filter and download button whilst scrolling through the report via a sticky filter, without having to scroll back to the top of the page. The sticky filter buttons will appear on the top right-hand side of the report when you scroll down the report:
Using this sticky filter, you can choose to change the filter parameters by clicking on the 'Filter' button and making the changes then clicking the 'Update' button. You also have the option to clear the filter completely to default by clicking the 'Clear filters' option at the bottom right-hand side of the sticky filter.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org