You can integrate your payroll with Dynamics 365 Business Central to export your payroll details to the Dynamics 365 Business Central general ledger. Once your Dynamics 365 Business Central account is connected, you simply need to map your chart of accounts and then export your payroll journal to the general ledger when you finalise your pay run.
NOTE: to ensure the journal can be exported to Dynamics 365 Business Central, you will need to have your environment name set to 'Production'. Further details on how to do this can be found in The Business Central Administration Center document.
Connecting to Dynamics 365 Business Central
You can connect Dynamics 365 Business Central by following these steps:
- Go to 'Payroll Settings' > 'Business Management' > 'Integrations'.
- Go to 'Dynamics 365 Business Central' and click 'Add':
- Once you have selected 'Dynamics 365 Business Central', Click the 'Connect to Dynamics 365 Business Central' button:
- You will be redirected to the Dynamics 365 Business Central login page where you will need to enter your Dynamics 365 Business Central username and password
- You will then be redirected to the Integrations page where you'll need to confirm the Dynamics 365 Business Central file you're connecting to:
- Once confirmed, click 'Save'.
Using your Dynamics 365 Business Central locations to set up locations to assign employees to
Mapping your payroll accounts
- Go to 'Payroll settings' > 'Business Settings' > 'Chart of accounts'.
- Click on 'Import accounts' to select which accounts you would like to use.
- Click 'Default accounts' and you'll see a list of transaction types that need to be mapped to a Dynamics 365 Business Central account. The Dynamics 365 Business Central accounts appear in the drop down list next to the transaction type. You can select the same account for multiple transaction types.
- Once you've completed all the mappings, you are now ready to export a journal.
If you add any extra accounts to your Dynamics 365 Business Central chart of accounts, you can click on Import accounts and select these accounts so that the appear in your drop down lists in the account mappings.
Further information on location specific account mapping can be found in the Mapping GL Accounts support article.
Exporting your journal
- Once you've created and completed your pay run, click 'Finalise pay run' from the 'Pay run actions' tab.
- In the 'Finalise pay run' dialog, ensure 'Export journals to Dynamics 365 Business Central now' is selected:
Click 'Finalise pay run' and your journal will be exported.
If a user unlocks a pay run and deletes the pay run, the journal is deleted in Business Central.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com