Employees need portal access to use WorkZone and when it is installed they will be prompted to enter their email address (the one linked to the portal) and password.
N.B: A 'full access' user can log into the WorkZone app using the same username and password they would use to log into the web interface.
QBO USERS: Any full access QBO user will need to set up a separate user with explicit access to WorkZone by going to 'Payroll Settings' -> 'Manage Users' and then adding a new user.
You will notice from the screenshot below the difference between a QBO user and a separate, explicit user. I.e. when you set up a separate user the actual email address is shown:
Users will then need to create a 4 digit quick access pin (to be entered twice) which they will need to enter each time they open the app:
Once logged in, users can view the Side Menu by tapping on the burger menu in the top left corner:
From here the user will see:
- Logout option
- Settings cog (this includes the app authentication options)
- Employee access (the employee can access their own personal payroll details from here)
- Business access (this is only relevant for any full access users or restricted access users that have Employee Manager permissions)
- The version of WorkZone the employee has installed
The dashboard view is accessed by clicking on the Home icon (seen in the screenshot below) and shows the following details:
- Any documents that require acknowledgement
- The last pay slip
- Next shift (if applicable)
- Ability to Clock in (if applicable)
- Timesheet summary (if applicable)
- Expenses summary (if applicable)
- Leave Balances
From the dashboard employee's can click on the Profile icon (seen in the screenshot below) and access the following options:
- My Details (read-only)
- Pay Slips
- Bank Accounts (read-only)
- KiwiSaver (read-only)
- Emergency Contacts
- Other Documents
Note: If employees log out of WorkZone (using the 'Log Out' option) they will be required to enter their email, password and pin again but if they just leave the app and go back in they will only need to enter their 4 digit quick access pin.
Dark mode for WorkZone
You can enable dark mode for WorkZone if you wish by selecting the phone's dark mode setting. This is usually within the phones Settings > Display page. Once you turn it out, the view will be as below:
If you haven’t already, you can download WorkZone immediately by clicking here:
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org