The 'Employer liability categories' page is under the Pay Run Settings heading on the Payroll Settings tab of your payroll dashboard and is used to define the various employer liability categories used by your business.
Add employer liability
In order to add a new employer liability category, follow these steps:
- Click the 'Add' button in the top right.
- Give the category a name.
- [Optional] Assign an external ID to the category. If an external id is used that has been used before you won't be able to save it if the 'unique external Id' setting is switched on. This setting is located on the Payroll settings > Advanced settings page. See here for more information.
- [Optional] Choose this option if don't want employees to see the total of this employer liability applied on their pay slips.
- [Optional] Choose this option if you wish to show the employee's total cumulative payments for this employer liability on their pay slips.
- Click Save.
Showing Employer Liabilities on the employee's pay slip
There are two pay slip related configurations options when setting up employer liabilities - per 4 and 5 above. This is a global setting and cannot be set at the employee level.
Hide liability from pay slips: If ticked this will not show the total value of the employer liability on the employee's pay slip.
Show total payments in pay slips: This will display the employee's total cumulative payments for this employer liability on their pay slips.
Edit an employer liability
To edit an existing liability category, click its name in the list of liability categories.
Delete an employer liability
To delete an existing liability category, click the red X on the right. Please note that you cannot delete a liability category that is currently in use.
Restore a deleted employer liability
You are able to restore an employer liability by going to Payroll settings > Restore deleted items, and selecting 'Employer liability category' from the drop down box. A list of all deleted employer liability categories will appear and you can click the 'Restore' option against the liability that you are wanting to reinstate.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com