The Employer Liability Categories page is under the Pay Run Settings heading on the Payroll Settings tab of your payroll dashboard and is used to define the various employer liability categories used by your business.
In order to add a new employer liability category, click the Add button, located on the top right hand side, and complete the following steps:
- Name: Give the category a name.
- External Id: This is optional and only required if you're using an external system that tracks liabilities and thereby need to sync with the payroll system.
- Hide from pay slips: Tick this checkbox if you don't want employees to see this liability applied on their pay slips.
- Show total payments in pay slips: This setting will only appear if you have not ticked the "Hide from pay slips" checkbox. Tick this checkbox if you want employees to see the cumulative cost of this liability on their pay slips.
- Include in shift cost calculations: If the business uses rostering and pay condition rules, you can create a rule for employer liabilities to automatically calculate and can then also appear as part of the shift costing.
- Click Save.
To edit an existing liability category, click its name in the list of liability categories. This will expand the setting to then allow you to make any necessary changes.
To delete an existing liability category, hover your mouse on the employer liability name so the red "x" then appears on the right. Please note that you cannot delete a liability category that is currently in use.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com