This article explains how a white label can be added against a reseller account. To clarify, only users with reseller access are able to create a white label.
To create a new white label, click on your user name on the top right hand side of the nav bar, then click on the applicable reseller settings option:
This will direct you to the White Labels screen. From this screen, click on the "Add" button to activate the wizard and complete the following steps:
Step 1: White Label Details
Take note of the following when completing this step:
- Billing name: Name that you want to appear on the invoice.
- Support Email: This email address will appear in support articles in lieu of email@example.com. There may be instances where this field is already pre-populated with an address - this will be the case if you have entered billing details in your reseller settings.
- Region: Ensure you enter the correct region as this will then determine the features and settings applicable to the white label.
- SMS notification sender name: The value entered here will be used as the 'From' display when employees receive sms via the platform. This is a compulsory field, even if you do not intend to switch on sms notifications, which is done at a business level.
- Host name: This is the URL specific to the white label that users will access to log in to the platform and their business(es) created under the white label. The default domain is *.nzpayroll.co.nz, however you can arrange for a custom domain through KeyPay. If a custom domain has been organised, both the default and custom domain options will be available when setting up the host name. The value entered here will be checked for uniqueness. If the host name is already in use, you will not be able to proceed to the next step unless it is changed.
- Aliases: If you have organised your own custom domain, you can set this up as an alias that will ultimately point to the host name and allow the user to access the same business(es) whether they logged in using the host name or alias URL. Take note that the management of custom domains are the responsibility of the reseller. You should ensure it is set up correctly so as not to affect your clients using the alias to log in to the platform and therefore being unable to access their business. Take note that this field is not compulsory.
Step 2: Billing
This step does not require any details to be completed. Additionally, the information displayed will vary based on the payment option agreed between the reseller representative and KeyPay.
Option a: Invoice reseller directly for all white labels
The information displayed on the screen will confirm payment will be made by the reseller and reflect the reseller billing details. An example is as follows:
Option b: Invoice white labels individually
This option will require credit card details to be entered, however we do not require they be completed at this time. Rather, any user with white label or reseller access can enter the billing details once the white label setup is complete. Instructions on adding credit card details can be accessed here.
Step 3: Plans & Features
This step will pre-populate the plan(s) that are set up against the reseller's account and cannot be edited. You can, however, change the plan you want activated by default for any business created under the white label. To do this, simply click on the "Default" checkbox of the relevant plan:
Step 4: Brand Management
This step allows you to customise certain components of the platform with your own branding. Details of what can be customised and the impact of each can be found here. Take note that you can always update the brand management settings of the white label at any stage.
Step 5: Security
This step allows you to enforce two-factor authentication immediately for all full access users that will be accessing any business under this white label. Further information on this setting can be found here. Take note that this setting can be turned on/off at any time.
Step 6: User Access
Enter the email address of each user that should have admin rights to this white label. This access allows users to manage the settings of the white label and have automatic full access rights to all businesses created under the white label. At least one user must be set up in this step.
Clicking on "Complete" will complete the white label set up where you can then commence creating businesses under the white label.
If you have any questions, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.