It is possible to disable rules, either for all employees using a particular rule set or for specific employees.
Please be aware that disabling rules may impact your fair work compliance. If in doubt, please confirm with the Employment Relations Authority before disabling any rules.
Disabling rules at the rule set level
To disable rules for all employees using a particular rule set, please follow these steps:
- go into Payroll Settings for the business
- go to 'Rule Sets' under 'Pay Conditions'
- click on a rule set name
- click the box below 'Disabled Rules' and find the rule (or rules) that you wish to disable and click them.
- click 'Save'
That particular rule will no longer be evaluated for any employees linked to that rule set.
Disabling rules at the employee level
To disable rules at the employee level, it is first necessary to know the exact name of the rule that you wish to disable. This can be found either from the ‘Disabled Rules’ section discussed above, or via the Pay Conditions Tester tool.
For this example, we will disable the ‘Meal Break’ rule for a particular employee.
Please follow these steps:
- go into the employee file for the appropriate employee
- at the bottom, there is a ‘tags’ section
- add a tag. The tag name will be the rule name with a prefix of ‘Disable ‘. For our example, the tag name will be ‘Disable meal break'. If the tag does not already exist, simply type it in and then press ‘enter’.
- click ‘Save’
Now, that rule will no longer apply to the employee when rules are processed
If you have any feedback or support questions please contact us via email@example.com