The PAYE Withholding Report shows a breakdown of the PAYE withheld per month for a specified date range or pay run.
The report is available via "Reports" from the navigation menu and listed under 'Payroll':
The data can be filtered as follows:
- Date Range: you can select from a list of date options or enter custom dates as required. Alternatively, you can select a specific pay run. To do this, click on "Date Range" and the date selector will switch to a pay run selector
- Employing Entity: This option will only appear if the business has more than one employing entity set up. The default selection here is 'All'.
- Group By: Here you can select either 'Earnings Location' or 'Employee Default Location'. If 'Employee Default Location' is chosen the data will be assigned to the employee's primary location, regardless of which location the employee worked.
- Earnings Location/Employee Default Location: The filter type displayed here depends on the grouping selection you made above.
Once you have entered the required details, clicking on "Run Report" will generate a web view of the report.
The report contains more than just PAYG amounts for the selected period. Extra information has been provided here to easier assist reconciling this report with other payroll reports. An explanation of each header is as follows:
- Month: Even if you have selected a quarterly, annual or other custom date range, the figures will be displayed on a per month basis.
- Reporting Location: The data is reported per location based and may vary depending on whether you have chosen to report by earnings location or employee default location.
- Gross Earnings: These are all pay earnings and include taxable earnings, tax exempt earnings and pre-tax deduction amounts.
- Tax Exempt Earnings: These are earnings that are not subject to PAYG, for example, kilometre allowances up the ATO prescribed limit.
- Pre-Tax Deductions: Deduction amounts that basically reduce the employee's taxable earnings as they are applied to an employee's gross earnings prior to the calculation of PAYG. An example of such a deduction includes salary sacrifice super.
- Taxable Earnings: Gross earnings minus tax exempt earnings minus pre-tax deductions.
- PAYE Withheld: The PAYG deducted from the employees' taxable earnings for the date range/pay run period selected.
You can choose to export this report into CSV, Excel or PDF format.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org