Managers can approve leave on behalf of employees if they have been setup with the correct permission to do so. Detailed information on permission options can be found here.
The way to access the Manage Leave Requests screen depends on your level of access:
Full access users: From the payroll dashboard, click on Manage Employees > Manage Requests:
Restricted users: Managers can access the Manage Leave Requests screen via the Quick access table from their dashboard:
Either option will then take you to the leave management screen:
Filtering Leave Requests
The top part of the leave management screen contains the filters you can use to filter leave requests.
The following filters are available:
- Leave status: only display leave requests that match the selected status
- Leave period: only display leave requests that fall within the selected period
- Leave category: only display leave requests that match the selected leave category
- Employee: only display leave requests that match the selected employee
- Location: only display leave requests for employees who have their default location set to the selected location
In addition to filtering leave requests, you can choose to group them by:
- Employee: groups the leave requests by employee, ordered alphabetically by [Preferred Name] / [First Name]
- Leave Category: groups the leave requests by leave category, ordered alphabetically
Actioning Leave Requests
- Blue pencil icon allows you to edit a leave request. You cannot edit a leave request if it has been partly or fully applied to any pay runs.
- Green tick icon allows you to approve the leave request.
- Red cross icon allows you to decline the leave request. You will then be required to enter a reason for declining the leave request. This reason will be communicated to the employee in the email notification they receive advising that the request has been declined.
- Red bin icon allows you to delete the leave request. You cannot delete a leave request if it has been partly or fully applied to any pay runs.
Reviewing Overlapping Leave Requests
If there are other leave requests that overlap with an employee's leave request, you will see a yellow label near that leave request to indicate the number of leave requests that overlap with selected leave request. If you hover over the yellow number, you'll see a summary of the overlapping leave requests.
If you click on the yellow indicator, you'll get a summary of all the leave requests that overlap with the selected leave request:
Reviewing Available Hours
You can review the available hours of a leave request by hovering the mouse over the "Hours" column of any pending leave request.
When an employee does NOT have a sufficient leave balance for the applicable leave category, it will be highlighted in red.
When an employee does have a sufficient leave balance for the applicable leave category, it will be highlighted in in green.
Any leave request that does not have the hours highlighted indicates that the leave category balance is not tracked.
You can also hover your mouse over any given leave request to view the balance of the leave request and see the upcoming approved / pending leave that may affect the available balance.
Exporting leave requests
You are able to export leave requests to Excel by clicking the 'Excel' button. The export will include the same data as the UI, and in addition will include:
External ID (if relevant)
Actioned on date
- False: If the leave has not yet been processed in a pay run; or
- True: If the whole leave request has been processed in a pay run or pay runs; or
- Partial: If only part of the leave has been processed in a pay run or pay runs.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via email@example.com