Managers can create leave on behalf of employees if they have been setup with the correct permission to do so. Detailed information on permission options can be found here.
The way to access the Create Leave Requests screen depends on your level of access:
Full access users: From the payroll dashboard, click on Manage Employees > Create Requests:
Restricted users: Managers can access the Create Leave Requests screen via the Quick create table from their dashboard:
To create a leave request, complete the following fields:
- Employees: You can add one or more employee here (if their leave details are exactly the same). Click in the field so that a dropdown list of employees will appear. Click on the relevant employee(s) to add them to the field.
- Leave Category: Select the applicable leave category from the dropdown list. Only one leave category can be selected per leave request created.
- Notes: Add any notes here that may be relevant for the request or that you want the leave approver to be aware of. Unless notes are made compulsory (via the Leave Categories settings), this is an optional field.
- First day of leave and Last day of leave: Obviously the last day of leave must be a date AFTER the first day of leave.
- Overlapping leave requests: Once the first and last dates of leave have been entered, the system will check to see if there are any other employees taking leave between those dates. If so, you will see something similar to the below image - the requests will show whether they are still pending or have been approved. This is a useful tool when trying to get an understanding of resource allocation before approving a leave request.
- The employee(s) will now be listed along with their leave balance for the leave category they are requesting to take, the hours for any existing approved leave that is yet to be processed and the remaining balance. If the box is shaded in green this is a quick indication that the employee has sufficient leave balance. If the box is highlighted in orange this indicates the employee has an insufficient leave balance. N.B: Insufficient leave balances will not restrict a leave request from being approved. With regards to the hours stated in the "Leave Required" field, this will auto-populate if the employee has advanced standard work hours configured in their Pay Run Defaults screen. The system will also know to not include any public holidays days in this field when computing the hours required. If the "Leave Required" field is showing '0' this is because the system does not have enough information to know how many hours the employee will be taking. In this instance you can override the value with the correct value.
- Attachment: Attach any document that may be relevant to the request, eg a doctor's certificate when taking sick leave. The leave approver will also be able to view the attachment. Only one document can be attached. The option to attach a document is only available when creating a leave request for one employee.
- Approve Immediately: If you have permission to do so, you will have the option to approve the leave request immediately. Otherwise, it will be submitted in a pending status. This option will be locked for any restricted user without leave approval permission.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via email@example.com.