To update an employees tax code declaration you need to open the employee file and then click tax code declaration tab on the left menu.
- Employment Type: Update the employment type as required. The options available for selection are:
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Independent Contractor (only available if feature has been enabled, refer to Advanced Settings for more information).
- Tax Code and Source of Income: Update the tax code and Source of income. The source of income and tax code associations are:
- Primary Income - M, ME, M SL, ME SL, WT
- Secondary Income - S, SH, SB, S SL, SH SL, SB SL, SA, SA SL
Please see here for clarification of the ACC earners levy and SA, SA SL tax codes.
- Other Income - NSW, CAE, EDW, STC Schedular Payments - WT (only available if contractor management feature has been enabled, refer to Advanced Settings for more information. This value will be selected automatically if the employment type is set at Independent Contractor).
- Non Disclosed - ND
Once the tax code details have been updated, click on the 'Save' button.
You will get a confirmation message once details have been saved successfully.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via email@example.com