When you have finished making changes to your pay run, you can finalise it.
Finalising the pay run makes the data in your pay run available in reports and also allows pay slips for the pay run to be visible to employees from the employee portal.
To finalise a pay run you need to:
- Open the pay run you wish to finalise
- From the "Actions" tab click the "Finalise Pay Run" button
In the dialogue that drops down, there will be a selection of finalisation preferences. When you initially create a pay schedule you have the option to configure default settings that will apply here. If you have done this, but want to change them (either permanently or on an ad hoc basis) you can do so here:
- Enter the "Date Paid"
- Journals: This option only relates to API-integrated journals. The option to configure journals will not be available for file import journals services eg MYOB.
- Publish pay slips: Immediately / Manually / Date & time picker
- Employee notifications: Send / Don’t send (This option won’t display if you have selected 'manual')
- Report packs: Immediately / Date & time picker / Do not run. If reports are configured to run, you are able to select the report packs from the available checkboxes. This option will not show if you do not have report packs configured.
Please note that the system will remember these options selected for pay slips moving forward, if you need to change these you can do so at this step at any time when finalising the pay run.
Once the pay run is finalised the pay run will be locked.
Should you need to edit the pay run you can unlock at any time by selecting the "Pay Run Actions" Tab in the pay run. From here, select "Unlock"
Once you select "Unlock", ensure your changes/corrections are made and then select "Finalise Pay Run" to finalise the pay run again.
Note: If the finalise pay run button not accessible, the easiest way to solve this problem is to "zoom out" on your browser. You can do this by either:
- pressing "Ctrl + -" i.e. Control and the minus key at the same time
- holding down the Ctrl button and using the wheel on your mouse to scroll down
This will zoom out and let you see the rest of the screen, including the finalise button.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com