In order to update an employees pay run settings, click on Pay Run Defaults under the Pay Run Settings heading from within the employee's file.
Within Pay Run Defaults, the user may configure for the employee:
- Timesheets - you can select to use or not use timesheets
- Pay Rate - the employee's pay rate per Hour, per Annum or per Day.
- Standard Work Week - leaving the 'Basic' option selected you must specify the employee's normal work hours per week e.g. 40 hours, but selecting the 'Advanced' option and you’ll be able to enter the employee’s standard working hours for each day of the week. For more details, refer here.
- Job Title - the employee's job title
- Leave Allowance Template - Default option are 'First 6 mths of employment' or 'Thereafter'. For more details, refer here.
- Primary Pay Category - the employee's current primary pay category.
- Default Location - the employee's current default location.
- Pay Schedule - the employee's current pay schedule e.g. Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly.
- Pay Slip Notifications - the employee's pay slip notification of None, SMS, Email or Manual.
- Roster Notification - the employee's rostering notifications of SMS and or Email.
- ESCT Rate - the ESCT rate based on the employee's pay rate and working hours per week.
If you make any amendments, remember to click on the 'Save' button to save the details.
Note: any changes made to the employee's pay run defaults details are effective from the day after the period end date of the most recent pay run the employee has been included in (or the employee's start date if there's no finalised pay run).
Below is an example of an employee's pay run defaults page.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org