Employees that are paid daily can cause problems for some payroll systems, but it’s now a first class citizen alongside annual and hourly employee rates.
Setting up day rates for your employees can be done by following these simple steps:
- Go to the 'Pay categories' > 'Pay categories' and click on the 'Add' button
- Enter in a name for the new pay category:
- Under the units drop down for the new pay category select 'Day rate'. Set the other values for the pay category and click 'Save':
Your new pay category is now ready to use for day rates
Now that you have a pay category set up for day rates, you can setup employees to use day rates by following these steps:
- Open the employee file that you want to assign a daily rate and go to the 'Pay run defaults' page
- When specifying the employee rate, select the 'per Day' value from the rate drop down and specify the standard number of days per week this employee works:
- Click save and this employee will now be setup to use a daily rate
As with all the other pay rate types, employees on day rates can be configured to accrue any other type of pay setting that annual and hourly employees are entitled to.
If you have any questions or feedback on how day rates work, send us an email at email@example.com