The Business Details screen holds the general company information and basic system settings. You can access this screen from the payroll dashboard by clicking on Payroll Settings > Details (listed under the Business Settings screen).
An explanation of each field is explained below:
- Business Name: This is the name that will be shown throughout the system and does not have to be the company name.
- Legal Name: This is the company name that employs the staff, ie the employing entity. Ensure the name is entered correctly as it will be shown on employee pay slips, email notifications and so forth. If there is more than one employing entity set up in the business, the other entities can be setup via the Employing Entities screen.
- NZBN: This is the NZ Business Number that applies to the legal name entered above. You will not able to save the business details if the NZBN entered is invalid.
- Contact Name: The name entered here would be the company representative and the name that would appear on the Annual Earnings Certificates.
- Contact Email Address: This email address will be used as the sender email for email notifications sent from the system. You can choose to use a different email address for pay slip notification emails, which can be configured in the Pay Slips settings screen.
- Contact Phone Number: Optional field.
- Contact Fax Number: Optional field.
- Standard Hours Per Day: This is used to predict leave and leave estimates for employees. Additionally, this number is used when calculating an employee's OWP/AWE when paying annual holidays.
- External ID: Optional field. This field is relevant if the business is using an external system to capture payroll data and thereby need to map the code used from such external system.
- Allow SMS notifications: Tick this checkbox to allow the system to send sms notifications to employees relating to pay slips and rostered shifts. Sms notifications will then only be sent if the employee notification settings are set as "sms", that is sms notifications will not be sent out automatically once this checkbox is ticked. Please note that there is a fee associated with sending sms notifications. Details on pricing can be found via the Subscriptions screen. Additionally, messages that contain more than 70 characters will be treated as a second text and charged accordingly.