It is possible to disable rules, either for all employees using a particular rule set or for specific employees.
Disabling rules at the ruleset level
To disable rules for all employees using a particular rule set, please follow these steps:
- go into Payroll Settings for the business
- go to 'Rule Sets' under 'Pay Conditions'
- click on a rule set name
- click the box below 'Disabled Rules' and find the rule (or rules) that you wish to disable and click them.
- click 'Save'
That particular rule will no longer be evaluated for any employees linked to that rule set.
Disabling rules at the employee level
To disable rules at the employee level, it is first necessary to know the exact name of the rule that you wish to disable. This can be found either from the ‘Disabled Rules’ section discussed above, or via the Pay Conditions Tester tool.
For this example, we will disable the ‘Uniform Laundering Allowance’ rule for a particular employee.
Please follow these steps:
- go to the Details page of the affected employee/s record
- at the bottom, there is a ‘Tags’ section
- add a tag. The tag name will be the rule name with a prefix of ‘Disable ‘. For our example, the tag name will be ‘Disable Uniform Laundering Allowance.
- click ‘Save’
- if the tag you need doesn't already exist you just need to create it - to do this simply type it into the Tags field then press ‘enter’ and you'll see the tag appear, when you hit Save at the bottom of the Details page the system records the tag's existence and now you'll be able to simply select this tag on any other employee records if required
Now, that rule will no longer apply to the employee when rules are processed.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via email@example.com