If you pay employees from multiple UEN's, you may use employing entities to do so. You can set up separate details and even separate pay slip logos for each entity. This way, the pay slips will display the relevant entity information rather than the main businesses details.
To add an employing entity, from the payroll dashboard click on 'Payroll settings' > 'Employing entities' > and click on 'Add' in the top right of the screen and complete the fields.
From here, you need to enter the business details such as the name, UEN and address details along with the relevant contact details N.B. The 'contact phone number' format if entering a landline is the area code followed by 5 digits (8 in total). If using a mobile number the format is 8 digits.
The compulsory fields are:
- Entity Name
- Address - International Address - if the business does not have a valid address in Singapore this option can be used. When entering an international address, Address Line 1 is required, the Postcode field should only be used for the postcode and the Address Line 2 or 3 should be used for the suburb/state. Lookup Address - Block/house number field is required, likewise the street name. Entering data into the 'lookup address' field will auto display a list of addresses that you can select, and then the other required address fields will pre-populate.
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Email Address
You can add a different email address to the one listed on the pay slips page in the 'Pay Slip Notification from Email Address' field so that this email will be used as the Sender email address for pay slip notifications for employees assigned to this entity. If no email is entered here, the system will use the email listed on the pay slips page.
Note: Due to the sensitive nature of payroll information that will potentially be sent from these email addresses and the likelihood of the emails being treated as spam, we have placed restrictions on the email domains we will allow and therefore what emails can be entered in this field. More information can be found here.
You are also able to upload a logo that will be used for this entity:
Assigning an Employee to an Employing Entity
You can assign an employing entity to an employee by one of two ways. Firstly, you can assign individuals to an entity, or you can 'bulk' assign for a quicker process.
Here's how you assign individual employees to an employing entity:
- Open the employee file and click on the 'NRIC details' page
- The first field on the screen offers you the option to change 'Employing Entity'
- You are then able to choose to make the change effective from 'today', 'employee's start date', or 'custom date'.
Here's how you 'bulk' assign employees to an employing entity:
- Payroll Settings > Employing Entities page;
- Reassign Employing Entities tab;
- You can select individual employees by typing their names into the 'Employees' field and selecting them from the drop-down list that appears; or
- You can select to bulk reassign All Employees in the business; or
- You can select to bulk reassign All Employees (including terminated employees);
- Once you have determined the employees you wish to change you will then need to choose the new entity the selected employees will be changed to from the New Employing Entity drop-down list. If you only have one other employing entity, this will show as a default option;
- You are then able to choose to make the change effective from 'today', 'employee's start date', or 'custom date';
- Click Change Employing Entities to save.
Things of note in regards to employing entities:
- If you have additional employing entities in your business file, most (but not all) reports will allow you to filter by employing entity.
- You can't have one employee employed by two different entities at the same time.
Deleting an Employing Entity
An employing entity can only be deleted if an employee assigned to that entity has never been paid in a pay run. The reason we do not allow users to delete an employing entity once it has been in use is so that historical records and other payroll reports in general are not affected by such deletion.
To delete an employing entity, hover your mouse over the employing entity set up and you will see a red "x" icon:
Clicking on the icon will trigger a delete confirmation dialog. Click 'OK' to confirm deletion of the employing entity:
N.B. If the icon is disabled (i.e. displays in a grey colour) you will not be able to delete the employing entity for the reasons specified above.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org