To add additional lines to an employees earnings within a pay run is quite simple. By following these steps you will be able to add a line/s or delete;
- Create a Pay Run
- Select the employee/s who's pay you want to add an earnings line to.
- When the employees earnings details have opened, select the action button in the bottom right corner.
- Then select Add Earnings.
- This will create another earnings line under the Earnings heading.
- Select the pay category you want to add to the employee's earnings. In this case it is Casual - Overtime - Saturday:
- You now need to fill in the hours box according to what is being paid. E.g. 1 hour, .5 hour etc.
- After completing the line press the save button, next to the action button, at the bottom right of the screen.
- If you want to delete this line simply place your cursor on the line. A red circle with a red cross inside the circle will appear at the end of the line on the right. Simply press this button and a warning screen will appear at the top of the screen confirming if you want to delete.
Additional Earning Lines for Public Holiday and Rest Days
If employee doesn't use timesheets, they are unable to use work types in order to record the fact that they work on a Public Holiday and/or rest day. In this scenario, you can select the correct pay category manually within the pay run by adding an additional earnings line and selecting the correct pay category from the drop down field:
When you then enter the hours worked and click 'save', the system will automatically calculate the correct rates based on the calculations outline in this article.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com