The Withholding Report shows a breakdown of the withholding tax (both withholding and clearance) withheld per month for a specified date range or pay run. The report is available via the 'Reports' tab on the payroll dashboard.
The data can be filtered as follows:
Date Range: you can select from a list of date options or enter custom dates as required. Alternatively, you can select a specific pay run. To do this, click on 'Date Range' and the date selector will switch to a pay run selector:
- Employing Entity: This option will only appear if the business has more than one employing entity set up. The default selection here is 'All'.
- Group By: Here you can select either 'Earnings Location' or 'Employee Default Location'. If 'Employee Default Location' is chosen the data will be assigned to the employee's primary location (listed on their employee file > pay run defaults page), regardless of which location the employee worked.
- Earnings Location/Employee Default Location: The filter type displayed here depends on the Group By selection you made above. Here, you are able to specify a particular location to report on.
Once you have entered the required details, clicking on 'Run Report' will generate a web view of the report:
The report contains more than just tax withheld amounts for the selected period. Extra information has been provided here to easier assist reconciling this report with other payroll reports. An explanation of each header is as follows:
- Month: Even if you have selected a quarterly, annual or other custom date range, the figures will be displayed on a per month basis. Data is recorded based on the date paid of the pay run.
- Reporting Location: The data is reported per location based and may vary depending on whether you have chosen to report by earnings location or employee default location.
- Gross Earnings: These are all pay earnings for the date range/pay run period.
- Withholding Tax: The withholding tax deducted from the employees' earnings for the date range/pay run period selected.
- Clearance Tax: The clearance tax deducted from the employees' earnings for the date range/pay run period selected. Employers must obtain tax clearance for foreign employees who are ceasing employment and leaving the country.
You can choose to export this report into CSV, Excel or PDF format.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com.