If a previously terminated employee resumes work for the same business you are able to simply reactivate their Employee File rather than having to create a new one.
To reactivate an employee simply follow these steps:
- Go to the payroll dashboard, and set the employee view to 'All Employees'
- You can then type in the employees name to find them, or select them from the employee list
- You will then be directed to the Employee Details page. All you need to do is scroll down to the bottom and click the 'Re-activate Employee' button:
You will be prompted to confirm this action:
- Once activated, the employee will then be eligible for pay runs again.
- If the employee has changed employment type, e.g. full time > part time, there are a couple of places in the employee's Employee record that you will need to make an adjustment:
- In the Employee File -> NRIC page - change the employment type
- In the Employee File -> Pay Run Defaults page - change the Primary Pay Category if necessary (you might like to check the employee's leave allowance page as well)
If you have any other queries please contact us on email@example.com