The employee details audit report provides an audit log of changes made to employee profiles.
To access the report go to 'Reports' > 'Employees' > 'Employee Details Audit Report'.
The report parameters are:
- Date range - Filters based on set periods or custom dates
- Pay schedule - Filters all employees that have the specified pay schedule as their default pay schedule.
- Employee default location - Filters all employees that have the specified location as their default location.
- Employee - You are able to select a singular employee to filter for. You cannot select multiple employees. The search field allows for employee name, employee Id, external Id and payroll Id;
- Section - Filters for 'sections' of the system i.e. Bank Accounts, Leave Allowances, Pay Rates. Select from a drop down list.
The following changes are audited:
- Additional Earning Lines
- Bank Accounts
- Emergency Contacts
- Employee Details
- Employee Portal Access
- Leave Allowances
- Opening Balances
- Pay Rates
- Pay Run Defaults
- Pay Run Inclusions
- Pension Settings
- Tax and NI details
- Time and Attendance Kiosk Access
- Work Types
- Apart from a 'Status: Incomplete' event, no audit changes are recorded for an employee until their set up is complete.
- The channel column indicates the source of the change. The current channels are:
- Web: changes made inside the web application
- ESS: changes made by employees via the self-service portal
- API: changes made using the API
- Clock Me In: changes made by the Clock Me In iPad app
- FileImport: changes made by, for example, an employee import CSV file
- Job Handler: changes made automatically by the system
- If the 'change made by' column indicates that it was a 'system' change, this means it was activated by a different, associated change. E.g. if someone updates an employee’s pay rates and the employee’s primary pay category has linked pay categories, then the linked pay category rates will also update (which is an automatic via the system). So rates for linked pay categories will show as the system having made the changes, but the initial pay rate change itself is recorded as whoever the user was.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org