It’s always exciting when new employees start, but in the past, more employees has also meant more paperwork for employers.
With the release of Employee Self Setup (also known as onboarding), employers can say goodbye to the paperwork associated with hiring new employees. Employee Self Setup lets employers manage the onboarding process from start to finish quickly and seamlessly.
How does it work?
Getting started with Employee Self Setup couldn’t be easier. Simply log in to your account, click on the “Add Employee” –> “Start Employee Self Setup” button:
Enter some basic employee details and click “Save”
Once you click save, employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to complete their details.
You’ll be sent an email once employees have completed their setup and from there you will be able to review and complete the employee setup ready for the next pay run!
Employee Self Setup is the simplest way to onboard new employees and ensures you’ve met your reporting obligations.
- On the Personal Details page some details are pre-populated according to what your employer has entered for you. You can now fill in the remaining fields:
- First name
- Middle name
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address (To pre-fill an address, start typing the address and click on a suggestion. or 'Can't find your address above?' option from the address dropdown field)
- Postal Address is same as residential
- Mobile Phone
- Use my personal details to find existing superfunds: Yes/No
- The next page of the setup process is Banking Details. You can add multiple bank accounts and select how much pay goes into each account.
Enter your account details:
- Account name
- Sort Code
- Account Number
- Roll Number (optional)
- Pay into this account: select from:
- The entire amount;
- A specified amount;
- A percentage of their pay
National Insurance number details and tax code if known should be completed and the employee statement declaration on this page.
- You will be asked to enter the following:
- Are you male or female?
- National Insurance number (if known)
- Employment Start Date
- Do you have a P45 from your last employer, for the current tax year? Yes/No?
- Employment statement
- Taxcode (if known)
- Do you have a student loan that is not fully repaid and you completed or left your full-time course before the start of the current tax year, which started on 6 April? Yes/No
- If yes, Are you repaying you Student Loan direct to the Student Loan company? Yes/No?
- What type of Student loan do you have? Plan 1/2/4 or Post grad loan?
Once the employee has clicked 'Finish' the system will remind them of any steps that have not been completed.
If at any stage the employee has skipped a step, the system will provide a link at the end that will take them back to the incomplete page.
Alternatively, the employee can continue to access the self setup via the original link in their email. Until they complete all steps of the self setup, they will continue to receive reminder notification emails. The frequency of these emails will depend on what was configured when the employee self setup was first initiated.
Once the employee has finished the self setup process, they can select the Click here button to finish the process.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments or via firstname.lastname@example.org