You can integrate your payroll with Quickfile to export your payroll details to the Quickfile general ledger. Once your Quickfile account is connected you simply need to map your chart of accounts and then export your payroll journal to the general ledger when you finalise your pay run.
Connecting to Quickfile
You can connect Quickfile by following these steps:
- Go to 'Payroll Settings' > 'Business Management' > 'Integrations'.
- Go to 'Quickfile' and click 'Add':
- Enter your Account Number, Unique API Key and Application ID, then click on 'Connect to Quickfile':
Note: You will find your Account Number in Quickfile if you click on the Business Name in the top right hand corner.
The Unique API Key and Application ID can be found in Quickfile under ‘Account Settings’ > ‘3rd Party Integration’ > ‘API’. You will need to ensure you have administrator status to view these details.
Mapping your Payroll Accounts
Once you've connected your Quickfile account, you will need to map thechart of accounts by following these steps:
- Go to 'Payroll settings' > 'Business Settings' > 'Chart of accounts'.
- Click on 'Import accounts' to select which accounts you would like to use.
- Click 'Default accounts' and you'll see a list of transaction types that need to be mapped to a Quickfile account. The Quickfile accounts appear in the drop down list next to the transaction type. You can select the same account for multiple transaction types.
- Once you've completed all the mappings, you are now ready to
export a journal.
If you add any extra accounts to your Quickfile chart of accounts, you can click on Import accounts and select these accounts so that the appear in your drop down lists in the account mappings.
Further information on location specific account mapping can be found in this Mapping G L Accounts support article.
Exporting your Journal
Once you've completed a pay run, you'll be able to export a journal to the Quickfile general ledger. You can export a journal by following these steps:
- Once you've created and completed your pay run, click 'Finalise pay
run' from the 'Pay run actions' tab.
- In the 'Finalise pay run' dialog, ensure 'Export journals Quickfile now' is selected:
- Click 'Finalise Pay Run' and your journal will be exported.
You can find your pay run journal in Quickfile under "Reports - Journals:
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via email@example.com