To add a new user and assign permissions, edit existing user permissions and export all user permission settings you need to go to the Manage Users screen. To do this go to 'Payroll Settings' > 'Business Management' > 'Manage Users'.
Add a New User:
To add a new user, click the 'Add' button to the right of screen. The screen will appear as follows:
You will be required to complete all of the following:
- The user's email address.
- The user's full name.
- Select the access level for that user by clicking on either ‘Full Access’ or ‘Restricted Access’. Full access gives the user administrator access to ALL areas and functions of payroll. Restricted access is commonly given to managers. Here you can select what specific areas you want the user to access and restrict by employee group and/or location. For more information on actions that restricted users can perform, see here.
- If ‘Full Access’ is selected, then click ‘Save’. The new user will receive two separate emails with login details and instructions on creating a password and logging into payroll.
- If ‘Restricted Access’ is selected, further settings will appear for you to complete. There are 4 different sub-settings you can provide a restricted user with. You can choose to activate one or all 4 of the different types of access. The sub-settings are:
- Employee access: choose an employee or group of employees the user can access. To create an employee group from this section, click on ‘Create’ for the context panel to appear. From there enter a name for the employee group and complete the criteria required that make up this group. You can include more than one criteria by clicking on 'Add another criteria' and then choose whether the multiple criteria must match ALL or ANY of the criteria selected. You can also create employee groups from the ‘Manage Employee Groups’ tab, which is explained further below.
- Location: choose a location(s) the user can access. You can also select a location and all it's sub-locations to be be included as well (this means that the user will have access to all sub-locations sitting underneath the location selected).
- Reporting: provide the user with access to one, some or all reports. Reporting access can be restricted based on employee group and/or location access. Leave the ‘No restriction on reporting data’ option, on the Reporting tab, unticked to apply the restrictions. See here for further help with configuring restricted reporting.
- Clock Me In: provide the user with access to one, some or all kiosks in the business. This permission is only relevant to businesses that use the Time and Attendance feature. To set this up click here.
If you have chosen Employee access and/or Location access for a user, you will then need to select one or more permission, as follows:
- View Leave Requests: Can only view leave requests (ie. read-only).
- Create Leave Requests: Can only create leave requests but not approve or view leave requests. Once created, leave requests cannot be edited.
- Approve Leave Requests: Permissions of ‘View Leave Requests’ and ‘Create Leave Requests’ as well as the ability to edit pending requests and approve requests.
- View Employee Expenses: Can only view expenses (ie. read-only).
- Create Employee Expenses: Can only submit expense requests for other employees but not approve or view expense requests.
- Approve Employee Expenses: Permissions of ‘View Employee Expenses’ and ‘Create Employee Expenses’ as well as the ability to approve requests.
- Manage Employee Documents: Can add employee documents.
- View Employee Documents: Can only view employee documents.
- Manage Employee Qualifications: Can add/allocate Employee Qualifications.
- View Employee Qualifications: Can only view Employee Qualifications.
- View Employee Rosters: Can only view the roster (ie. read-only).
- Manage Employee Rosters: Users can create, edit, delete and publish shifts as well as add employee unavailability.
- Create Timesheets: Users can create and import timesheets. They can also edit and delete timesheets submitted by employees they manage.
- Approve Timesheets: Permissions of ‘Create Timesheets’ plus ability to approve timesheets.
- View Shift Costs: Users can see the shift and/or timesheet costs.
- Create Tasks: Users can view and create pay run tasks.
- Initiate Employee Self Setup: Users can start the employee self-set up process for new employees.
You can select one or a combination of these permissions to assign to a user. Once permissions have been assigned, click on 'Save'.
Edit an Existing User:
Click on the pencil icon located on the right-hand side of the user's name to display the user's settings. From here you can change the employee's name, the access type and/or permissions granted. Then click on 'Save'.
Note: The user will not receive an email once you have updated their access settings.
Delete an Existing User:
Click on the bin icon located on the right-hand side of the user's name. A delete confirmation popup box will appear.
Note: The user will not receive an email notifying them their access has been revoked.
You can export all the users and their permission information into an excel spreadsheet. To do this click on 'Export' (located on the right-hand side of the screen).
If you have any questions or feedback, contact us via email@example.com