The Employer Liability Categories page is under the Pay Run Settings heading on the Payroll Settings tab of your payroll dashboard and is used to define the various employer liability categories used by your business.
In order to add a new employer liability category, follow these steps:
- Click the green Add button in the top right.
- Give the category a name.
- [Optional] Assign an external ID to the category.
- Hide from pay slips - Select this option if you do not wish to allow employees to see the value of this employee liability within a pay run on their pay slip.
- Show total payments in pay slips - Select this option if you wish to allow employees to see their total cumulative payments for this liability category on their pay slip.
- Include in shift cost calculations - Using pay condition rule sets, employer liabilities can optionally be included in shift costing calculations. Select this option if this liability should form part of the cost of a shift.
To edit an existing liability category, click its name in the list of liability categories.
To delete an existing liability category, click the red X on the right. Please note that you cannot delete a liability category that is currently in use.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org