The Timesheets settings page allows you to configure your business to receive timesheets from your employees - either from a third party system such as Deputy Enterprise or from the integrated timesheet system.
The settings for External Services can be accessed and updated by clicking on the 'Payroll Settings' option, and selecting 'Integrations' under the 'Business Management' tab.
The integrated timesheets option will be enabled by default. You can disable the timesheet integration from here by clicking on the disable option:
It will allow your employees to enter their timesheet data through the Employees Self Service Portal and the WorkZone app, and you can then configure the below general options for timesheets (these behaviours may not be enforced for some third party timesheet providers):
- Require start/end times when entering timesheets: selecting this option means that employees can only create timesheets by entering start and finish times. If not selected, employees can choose between entering hours only or start/finish times when creating a timesheet. If the business has installed an award or using pay conditions, we strongly suggest this option be ticked to ensure timesheets are interpreted correctly.
- Require a work type when entering timesheets: this setting will be disabled if there are no work types set up in the business.
- Require a location when entering timesheets: this setting forces users to select a location.
- Include all timesheet notes in the pay run: any notes added by employees and admin users (that are set to visible) will appear in the earnings lines within the pay run. If the pay slip setting 'Show line notes' is selected, then the timesheet notes will also appear in the employee's pay slip.
- Notify employees when their timesheets are rejected: this will send an email notification to the employee upon a manager rejecting an employee's timesheet.
- Managers can create timesheets for all employees that aren't enabled for timesheets; and
- Enable employees to select higher classifications: if your business has an award installed and the employment agreements associated to the award include rankings, employees are able to create timesheets and select a classification/employment agreement higher than the classification/employment agreement the employee is assigned to. Deselecting this setting means that employees will NOT have the ability to select a higher classification. Take note of the following:
- This setting is automatically disabled for new businesses created from 20 February 2020;
- Disabling this setting still allows managers to select higher classifications when creating timesheets on behalf of employees;
- If this setting is disabled but the employee portal setting 'Allow employees to select a higher classification when clocking in' (which is a sub-setting of 'Employees can clock in/out using WorkZone') is enabled, employees will still be able to select a higher classification when clocking in using WorkZone. To clarify, if employees are manually creating timesheets via WorkZone they will not be able to select a higher classification.
- If this setting is disabled but the kiosk setting 'Allow employees to select a higher classification when clocking on' (via the Time and Attendance payroll settings screen) is enabled, employees will still be able to select a higher classification when clocking in using Clock Me In
- Automatically approve a timesheet that is identical to the rostered shift: This setting will enable the system to automatically approve a timesheet that exactly matches a rostered shift. Detailed information about this feature can be found here.
Timesheets may be imported from a number of sources, some of which have specific configuration options that can be configured here. You may also notice that some providers can be configured directly from the employee/timesheet import screens, though others will simply redirect you to this page.
We only support Enterprise version of Deputy.
To enable Deputy integration you need to enter your Deputy host name for the business you would like to connect.
Once you enable, you will need to authenticate and confirm with Deputy that you wish to make data available.
Clicking 'Authenticate' will transfer you to Deputy. You may first be asked to login.
Once you are logged into Deputy, click 'Allow Access' to complete the connection.
To enable Kounta integration you will need to authenticate and confirm with Kounta that you wish to make data available.
Clicking 'Authenticate' will transfer you to Kounta. You may first be asked to login.
Once you are logged into Kounta, select the Kounta business that you with to connect with and click 'GrantAccess' to complete the integration.
Since WFS is a file based integration, configuration is not required. This section provides a link to the timesheet template file to assist with integration.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via email@example.com