To manage Time and Attendances Kiosks (aka 'Soft Clocks'), go to the 'Time and Attendance' section under (Business Management) Payroll Settings:
Adding a Kiosk
To add a kiosk, click the 'Add Kiosk' button. Enter or configure the following details:
- Name (this will be shown at the top of the kiosk when it is running);
- Time Zone;
- Allow employees to select a higher classification when clocking on;
- Restrict employees to approved locations only;
- Make this kiosk available to all restricted users with Clock Me In access;
- Capture photo when clocking on/off;
- Allow employees to apply rostered start/finish times when clocking on/off (you will then need to set the number of minutes an employee can apply the rostered start/end time up to); and
- The options for - 'Employees must select a work type for their shift' and 'Employees must select a location for their shift' are controlled by the Timesheet Settings.
Launching the Kiosk
To launch the kiosk, click the 'Copy Kiosk Link' button.
You can then open this link on the tablet or PC that you want to run the kiosk on.
Granting Employee Access
Clicking on the 'Employee Access' tab within the Time and Attendance section will allow you to grant access to the kiosk for employees. This will enable employees to clock onto any Kiosk.
Simply select the employees to enable and click ‘Grant Access’. This is also how you would Revoke Access for an employee:
This can also be done from the employee's record > time and attendance page:
Once access is enabled for an employee, they will receive an email with their Employee ID and PIN code. NOTE: The PIN number supplied in the email is temporary. The employee will be asked to change it the first time they clock on.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a native 'App' to install on my tablet?
Yes, Clock Me In can be installed from the App Store. Once installed, click the ‘Log In’ button and enter your email/password. It is also possible to add the Kiosk to the home screen on an iPad. Once the kiosk is launched, click the arrow up button in the button bar and then click ‘Add to Home Screen’
2. What happens when an employee completes their shift?
Once an employee finishes their shift and they 'Clock Off', a timesheet will be created. These timesheets can then be approved by managers/supervisors through the normal timesheet approval process.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org