Billing is processed on the 1st of every month, and invoices sent to you via email on the same day. Then, on the 8th of the month we will process the amount specified on the invoice from the credit card that we have on record for you. The invoice attached will be in PDF and excel format. The excel version includes a worksheet called 'Invoiced Employees'. This worksheet lists all employees that have met the definition of active employee within the billing period and identifies the reason why. This could be because they were included in a pay run or had approved timesheets, leave, expenses or published shifts.
Our fee for accessing KeyPay is charged per active employee per month. An active employee is defined as any individual (set up as an employee or contractor or anything else in the business) included in one or more of the following activities within the billing period:
- a pay run that has been finalised, even if that pay run is subsequently unlocked;
- a timesheet that has been approved, even if that timesheet is subsequently unapproved or rejected;
- an expense request that has been approved, even if that expense request is subsequently unapproved or declined;
- a leave request that has been approved, even if that leave request is subsequently unapproved or declined;
- a shift that has been published, even if that shift is subsequently unpublished.
These activities will be captured within the billing period when the action is undertaken in that billing period. For eg, if a pay run is first finalised on the 10th of July, regardless of the pay period date range, or a timesheet dated in May is first approved on the 12th of July, they will be included in the invoice sent on the 1st of August that pertains to the 1 July to 31 July billing period.
An important note regarding active users: each active user count will be unique. Specifically, if an employee is included in both finalised pay runs and approved timesheets, that employee will only be counted a 1 active user in the invoice.
In addition to the fee per active employee, the other billable item includes SMS notifications.
Invoices for businesses
Full access users can also access the business invoices by clicking on 'Payroll Settings' > 'Invoices' > 'Download'. You can download your invoice as a PDF or excel spreadsheet.
What is included in your invoice?
Your invoice will include the following details:
- The pay period of each pay run that was first finalised within the billing period and the number of employees included in each pay run;
- The number of timesheets first approved within the billing period and the number of employees those timesheets belong to;
- The number of leave requests first approved within the billing period and the number of employees those leave requests belong to;
- The number of expense requests first approved within the billing period and the number of employees those expense requests belong to;
- The number of rostered shifts first published within the billing period and the number of employees those shifts belong to;
- The value in the 'Quantity' column will be the number of unique active employees involved in any of the above listed activities;
- The unit price for each active employee - the unit price is derived from the plan you have selected as part of your subscription. This is managed from the 'Payroll Settings' > 'Subscription' screen;
- The number of sms sent to employees and whether they relate to pay run, roster and/or pay slip notifications.
Invoices for white labels
White label invoices can be accessed via the partner dashboard. The information contained in the invoices for white labels is as per the business invoice but will be broken down for each invoiced business under the white label.
Invoices for partners
Partner invoices can be accessed by navigating to your reseller settings and then accessing the 'Invoices' menu from the left menu.
The information contained in the invoices for partners is as per the business invoice. Additionally, the invoice will itemise the details on a per business level and list the applicable white label the business belongs to.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com.