To allocate a qualification to an employee follow these steps:
- Select the 'Employees' tab from the dashboard and either click on the required employee or enter their name in the search field.
- The 'Employee Details' screen will come up. From this screen select 'Qualifications' from the menu shown on the left of the screen. This will be under the 'Pay Run Settings' header.
- You will be presented with the 'Qualifications' screen. You will notice that the qualifications that you setup previously will be listed in this screen as options to allocate to the selected employee.
- In this instance we want to allocate the 'First Aid Certificate' to the selected employee. Click on the button adjacent to the qualification to turn on/off. If you turn it on you are allocating the qualification to the selected employee. If you turn it off you are de-allocating the qualification from the selected employee.
- Once turned on, you can indicate if the qualification 'Does not Expire' or if it 'Expires on'. If 'Expires on' is selected you need to enter the expiry date of the qualification using the drop down calendar provided.
- You can also upload a copy of the qualification by using the 'Add' button (see image above). This will store the document within the system for future reference.
- Once completed press the 'Save' button at the bottom.
Employee management of employee qualifications
To add details for a new qualification, the employee must first log into their employee self service portal and navigate to the Documents > Qualifications page. For details on how employees can add, edit or delete their own qualifications refer to Qualifications - Creating & Managing Employee Qualifications
The business dashboard will warn you of any qualifications that are expiring within the next 7 days.
An email notification will also be sent to an employee when any of their qualifications are about to expire (within the next 7 days) and on the day the qualification has expired.
For information on how to create and manage qualifications see: Qualifications - Create/Delete
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org