You can access the leave liability report via 'Reports' > 'Payroll' > 'Leave Liability'.
In order to generate the report you are required to enter the following information:
- As at date
- Leave type
- Group by - Leave accrual location or Employee default location
- Employee Default Location
- Include approved leave
The report then gives you both a summary and detailed information. The summary includes:
- Leave type
- Approved request hours total
- Leave hours total
- Leave value
The detailed report includes the following information (once you have clicked on an individual employees name):
- Employee - the employee name.
- Last paid date - the last pay run paid date.
- Calculated weeks - based on your leave category settings for the relevant leave type, if the leave type setting is configured to "Accrue in advance", the calculated weeks is calculating the number of weeks from the employee's last anniversary date (i.e. the number of weeks into the employee's accrual period) to the current/projected date entered in the "As At Date" report filter. If "Accrue in advance" is not ticked/configured within the leave category settings for the relevant leave type, then the calculated weeks is calculating the number of weeks from today's date to current/projected date entered in the "As At Date" within the report filters.
- Leave type - leave type includes annual leave.
- Approved requests - any approved leave request in hours.
- Approved request hours - the approved leave request in hours.
- Leave balance - the available leave balance in hours.
- Leave hours - the total leave hours which includes the available leave balance hours and the approved request hours.
- Leave value - the total leave value. The estimated hourly rate can be determined by calculating the 'Leave value' amount divided by the 'Leave hours' amount.
There are a number of ways of viewing this report by clicking 'Expand All', 'Collapse All' and 'Show All Employees'. You are able to also export this report as CSV, Excel or PDF.
- If the report is generated for a point in time in the future, employee’s leave balance will be projected forward according to their expected accruals during that time.
- Approved leave will only be included if it's for a period that's after the paid date of the most recent pay run for an employee - the report will assume that anything prior to that date will have been applied to a pay run.
- Leave categories that are marked as ‘exclude from termination payout’ are not considered liabilities and are excluded from the report.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org