The employee can update their bank account details within the employee portal. They simply need to enter 'Employee Details' (see here for help). Once in their details page, click 'Bank Accounts' to the left of screen.
The bank account details screen allows them to control how much of their pay goes into a bank account by specifying a percentage or fixed amount.
When they click on the 'Add' button they will be able to add a bank account.
Adding a Bank Account
Once they click on 'Bank Account', they will then be required to enter the following details:
- Name: Their first name and surname will pre-populate in this field. They can change this so that it matches the name of the bank account.
- Sort Code: Enter their sort code ensuring there are no spaces and only numeric characters.
- Account Number: Enter their account number here.
- Roll Number: If they have a roll number enter it here.
- Pay into this account: They have three options here - (a) a percentage of pay, (b) a fixed amount or (c) remaining balance - If only one bank account is to be set up, the value here must be 'Entire balance'.
- Then click 'Save'.
Deleting Bank Accounts
In order to delete bank account details, they simply click on 'Delete this bank account' if it is displayed in red. If it is in grey, it means it cannot be deleted. Common reasons for this is (a) it is the only bank account recorded and so another bank account will need to be added before it can be deleted or (b) the bank account is attached to a recurring deduction and so cannot be deleted until the deduction expires or is deleted. The payroll administrator will have to change this if appropriate.
Editing Bank Accounts
They may find that a bank account is greyed out and cannot be edited. This is because the payroll administrator has restricted this setting.
Otherwise, they can simply amend existing bank account details and then click on 'Save'.