Managers can create leave on behalf of employees in the employee management area. This is accessible by clicking on the "Create Requests" option on the "Manage Employees" button on the payroll dashboard:
This screen allows you to:
- Choose the employee/s for which the leave request applies. Once you click within the box, you will be able to select from the employee list.
- Leave Category (Annual, Sick etc)
- Note - any notes that may be relevant
- First and last day of leave
- The box below confirms the employees that have been chosen. It also displays the available leave balance that they have. If they do not have enough leave, the system will highlight in red to indicate that they do not have enough leave available to cover the requested amount. You are able to override this warning and approve the leave.
- Tick box that says "Approve Immediately". You have the option to approve the leave request immediately, or move it to "Pending" to be assessed later.
Note: If the employer/manager chooses to approve the request immediately, email notifications to other manager(s) indicating a leave request has been submitted and awaits approval are not sent - simply because the leave request has already been approved. Additionally, an email is only sent to the employee when a leave request has been approved after being submitted (not when approved immediately at the time of creating the request).
A handy feature of this screen is that if you enter leave for an employee that overlaps with another employee, an alert will show with the overlapping employees and dates.
If you create a leave request for just a single employee, you'll also be able to attach a document for that leave request.
Once a leave request has been approved, a manager with editing permissions can edit the leave request if required on the Leave Management page by clicking on the pencil icon to the right of the request. Please note you can only edit a leave request before it has been applied or only part applied in a pay run. Fully applied leave can not be amended. For more information on managing leave requests please refer to the Manage Leave Requests article.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org