To update an employees details you need to open the employee file and then click 'Details' on the left menu:
The 'Details' screen allows you to enter personal and work details of the employee. A few fields of note here include:
- Start Date - The start date entered determines when an employee appears in a pay run, roster, can create timesheets and leave requests so ensure the date is correct.
- First Name
- Preferred Name
- Middle Name
- Previous surname
- Date of Birth
- Continuous employment date - this is the date that should be entered under the guidelines of TUPE, when an employer takes over employees' employment contracts, the continuous employment date is used to preserve the existing employee entitlements that have carried over from the previous employer.
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Work Phone
- Enter residential address manually - Ticking on this checkbox will allow you to enter a manual address rather than use the auto address finder. Two reasons you may want to select this option is because (a) the employee does not live in the same country as their employment and so has to enter an overseas address or (b) the address being entered is not being picked up from the auto address finder and so has to be entered manually. The same concept applies to the Enter Postal Address Manually. If selecting this option, all fields (other than Residential Address Line 2) must be completed. Also note that, outside of Country, all other fields are free text so there will be no validation done to ensure the address is correct.
- Residential Address
- Postal Address is the same as Residential Address: This option is selected by default and means the user does not have to enter the address twice if it is exactly the same for residential and postal. Simply deselect the checkbox if you want to enter a different postal address.
- Postal Address
- External ID - If the business uses external systems (such as HR systems) that integrate with the payroll system, you should enter the employee's ID from such system in this field. This Id will also appear in payroll reports and so is therefore a useful tool to reconcile figures between the payroll system and external system.
- Tags: Tags are a useful tool in setting criteria when setting up employee groups; and/or identifying certain scenarios within pay condition rules. Information on how to create tags for a business can be found here Instructions on how to assign one or more tags to an employee can be found here.
- Profile Image: This is an optional field where you can upload a photo of the employee for your records.
- Terminate Employee: The 'Terminate Employee' button allows you to enter a termination date against an employee file and thereby inactivate them. You would only terminate an employee in this manner if there is no termination pay required (such as annual leave pay out) and they have already been paid for all hours worked.
You can also terminate an employee from the employee details page. You can find out more about terminating an employee here.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org