You are able to add leave taken either during the pay run or via the Leave requests.
To enter leave taken during the pay run you need to:
- Click on the employee for whom it applies, this will open the employee's pay run details.
- Click on the blue "Actions" tab in the bottom right hand corner then choose the "Take Leave" option
- When you click the "Take Leave" button, a new line will show under the "Leave Taken" heading.
- You will then need to enter:
- Leave Category (required)
- Hours Taken (required)
Use the Leave Menu to enter future leave requests, that will then be available to "apply" in the appropriate pay run/s...
1. Go to the Create Leave requests option by clicking on the "Leave" menu on the left.
2. Now complete the Create Leave request window, note you can enter leave for the same period for more than one employee at a time...
3. When you hit Save the leave will either be approved immediately (if the box has been ticked, see "5" above) or will be available for approval according to how you have arranged your settings.
4. Leave requests will appear in the appropriate pay run (see "1" below) and can be entered by clicking on the "Apply" button that appears to the right when you hover over the request (see "2" below)
NOTE: If a leave request has more hours than the employee's normal weekly/fortnightly or monthly hours, just apply the appropriate amount of hours. Any remaining hours will carry over to the next pay run to apply.
To find out more about how leave requests, when applied, affect the employee's earnings check out this article Leave Categories (how leave behaves in the pay run).
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com