A Leave Allowance Template will help make managing leave for employees much easier.
With leave allowance templates you can create pre-defined sets of leave accrual values which can then be applied to new and existing employees. This then allows you to bulk update leave values for employees if the leave accrual rates change rather than having to update them individually for each new employee.
Setting up new leave allowance templates
- To setup a new leave allowance template: 'Payroll Settings' > 'Pay Conditions' > 'Leave Allowance Templates'. Here you will see a list of the existing Leave Allowance Templates and will display the number of employees that are linked to that template:
You can click on the number of employees linked to the template 'link' to see the details of employees linked to the template:
- Click 'Add' to add a new template and fill in the relevant details. You’ll notice that all leave categories that automatically accrue leave are displayed in the Leave Allowances section. Enter a Template Name and then select the leave categories you want activated (i.e. you want employees to access) for this template.
PLEASE NOTE: If you select "Accrue in Advance" it should not be selected while using the "Hours per Hour worked" unit type.
- Each leave category listed under Leave Allowances has an override button. Clicking on override will allow you to enter different values to that of the default. When you click on the left of the 'x' to activate the override, the default values will disappear and then you are able to enter a new set of values for that specific leave category. Then click 'save' and your leave template will be created.
- If you with to clone the leave template you can click on the folders icon in the top right hand corner of the template. This will create a copy of the template under the one you have just created which you can now adjust to meet your needs.
- Now when you create a new employee, you will be able to select a leave allowance template that can be applied to this employee. You can also select a leave template for existing employees through the Leave Allowances page of the employee file.
- Even though a leave template has been applied, you can always adjust the leave values for an employee by going into the employee file and under 'Leave Allowances' selecting a custom accrual rate. Detailed instructions on this can be found here. When you do this, you’ll be notified that the template no longer applies to this employee.
- Finally, if you do need to make changes to the values in the leave template, you can do so. Once you click save you’ll be notified if there are employees already linked to the leave template and you’ll be asked if you want to apply the changes to all linked employees
If you have any feedback or questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org