How to Clock in/out
Step 1: When logged in, the employee dashboard will display a ‘Clock In’ option. Tap on ‘Clock In’:
Step 2: This next step varies based on the Employee Portal Settings and employee’s profile setup. The employee will select:
- If there is a rostered shift (and it is within the time parameters set), the employee will have the choice to 'clock in now' or 'clock in at rostered time';
- The location (this will auto populate if the employee only has access to one location);
- A work type (may not be required for every shift and will only appear if the employee has work types activated in their profile);
- A higher classification (if the setting is activated for the employee and within the portal settings – and, of course, this is only required when working higher duties);
- Any relevant shift conditions (if a shift condition is attached to the location the employee has selected, the shift condition will auto populate).
- Employee can add a note relevant to the shift
Step 3: The employee will be required to take a photo (if this setting has been enabled):
Step 4: The employee will tap on ‘Start Break’ (if they are required to capture break times) or tap on ‘Clock Out’ to finish their shift. Both activities will require a photo to be taken (only if this setting has been enabled):
Once the employee clocks out, the timesheet will generate in the system ready to be approved and imported into a pay run.
If you haven’t already, get your employees to download WorkZone by clicking here:
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org