Employees can clock in and out Clock in/out directly from their smartphone using the WorkZone app!!
This feature is NOT automatically enabled. You will need to enable this in the business portal in order for it to be available for employees to use from their smartphones. To do this, go to Payroll Settings > Employee Portal Settings:
The first step is to tick 'Employees can clock in/out using WorkZone. The sub-settings are then optional but will determine the employee workflow when clocking in & out. The settings available are:
- Capture employee photo when clocking in/out
- Allow employees to apply rostered start/finish times when clocking in/out (you then set the parameters for this)
- Send employee reminder notifications (you then set the parameters for this)
- Click 'Save'
Once the employee portal settings have been activated, you will also need to check the employee's timesheet setting on their Pay Run Defaults page.
When an employee clocks in/out via WorkZone this creates a 'timesheet'. So, this means that employees who are not enabled to use timesheets will also not have the ability to create a timesheet via the process of clocking in/out on WorkZone. Therefore any employee with the timesheet setting of 'Do not use timesheets' on their Pay Run Defaults page will not have the ability to clock in/out via WorkZone (hence creating a timesheet).
In order to allow your employees the ability to clock in/out via WorkZone you will need to make sure their Pay Run Default's timesheet setting is either 'Use timesheets to submit all time worked' OR 'Use timesheets for exceptions'
How to Clock in/out
Step 1: When logged in, the employee dashboard will display a ‘Clock In’ option. Tap on ‘Clock In’:
Step 2: This next step varies based on the Employee Portal Settings and employee’s profile setup. The employee will select:
- If there is a rostered shift (and it is within the time parameters set), the employee will have the choice to 'clock in now' or 'clock in at rostered time';
- The location (this will auto populate if the employee only has access to one location);
- A work type (may not be required for every shift and will only appear if the employee has work types activated in their profile);
- A higher classification (if the setting is activated for the employee and within the portal settings – and, of course, this is only required when working higher duties);
- Any relevant shift conditions (if a shift condition is attached to the location the employee has selected, the shift condition will auto populate).
- Employee can add a note relevant to the shift
Step 3: The employee will be required to take a photo (if this setting has been enabled):
Step 4: The employee will tap on ‘Start Break’ (if they are required to capture break times) or tap on ‘Clock Out’ to finish their shift. Both activities will require a photo to be taken (only if this setting has been enabled):
Once the employee clocks out, the timesheet will generate in the system ready to be approved and imported into a pay run.
If you haven’t already, get your employees to download WorkZone by clicking here:
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org