The introduction of roster templates allows businesses to create a roster template or a library of roster templates that will allow you to:
- Plan your resourcing requirements for certain events and/or projects in advance without affecting the standard roster;
- Build the basis of the roster specific to the roles required and then assign staff at a later stage;
- Cater for all different rostering scenarios applicable across the year in one location or all locations within a business;
- Apply any template to the roster on multiple occasions and from any specific date.
In order to create a roster template, from your business dashboard go to the 'Manage Employees' tab and select 'Rostering':
On the Rostering page, you will now see a new icon for Roster Templates:
Clicking on this icon will take you to your existing roster templates and allow you to add a new template. The Roster Template page is differentiated from the actual Roster page by a yellow banner at the top:
Once you click the 'Add' button, you can start filling in the roster template by adding as many rows as you need.
To add a single row, click the plus button to the left of the 'Add Resource' option as shown below:
To add multiple rows (you can add up to 99 rows at a time) to the roster template, select the 'or multiple' option below the 'Add resource' option as show below:
Once you have created single or multiple resource lines, you can then click on the 'Resource' box and assign each row to:
(a) a specific employee;
(b) a specific role; or
(c) a general placeholder.
Additionally, you can choose to assign a role’s shifts to an employee by choosing from a list of 'recommended' and 'other' employees. Once assigned, the name of the role will be replaced by the employee's name, however, you can use the colour key as a guide to know what role has been assigned:
Who can create roster templates?
- Full access users; and
- Users with 'Manage Employee Rosters' access IF the business setting allows managers to edit roster templates.
To activate the above setting, go to Payroll Settings > Rostering:
How do I apply the roster template?
Refer to Applying Roster Templates for specific instructions on this.
If you have any comments or queries please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org