There are many reasons why you or your employees may need to manage your account user name or email address or update your personal details and you can do this by accessing your My account settings. It is also important that you understand how to use two factor authentication on your account to ensure enhanced security.
A short video on this setup can be found here.
- Log into your payroll platform
- From the dashboard, click on your name in the top righthand corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu select My Account.
From the My Account page you can then edit your personal information:
- Account details - Includes the following fields:
- Email Address (explained in detail further below)
- Time Zone
- API key;
- Marketing/Product Updates opt-in
Other options accessible from this page:
- Two-Factor Authentication and Google Authenticator (explained in detail further below)
- Related businesses - This will show both business and employee self service portals that the user has direct access to
- Terms and conditions
Any of the above settings can be amended from this screen. Once you have made any desired changes, click Save.
Update your email address
If you choose to update your email address, this is the verification process you will need to follow.
- First of all, you’ll be prompted to enter the new email address within the following context panel.
- Click the Change email button. The system will then send an email to your current email address, confirming that a change has been requested.
- Along with instructions to access the new email account to complete the process. The new email account will be sent a separate email which will contain a link in order to verify the new email address, and complete the update.
- You have 72 hours to verify this link. Once the verification link has been clicked, you will be prompted to enter your existing login details (email and password):
- Once these have been confirmed, the system will then make the change and show the following confirmation:
- The next time you log in, the new email address will be used.
For information relating to updating an employees email address on their behalf please see this article.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an additional layer of security and makes it harder for attackers to gain access to your account. With regards to any end user that can access taxation or superannuation related information of other entities or individuals (for example, tax agents, employers), the ATO has deemed 2FA mandatory for the following users when logging into the payroll platform:
- Full access users;
- Restricted users with access to one or more reports;
- Restricted users with report packs permission (this is different to a report pack recipient and explained further below); and
- Restricted users with STP Pay Event Approver permission.
The above users will be unable to log into the payroll platform until at least two 2FA options have been enabled. Of these options, email is mandatory.
You will know that this is the case when you try to log in and see the following screen:
To enable 2FA you will need to confirm your email address, in addition to your mobile phone and/or Google authenticator as follows:
Confirming email address
The email address entered in this field is the email address used for your account. If you need to change this, you must do so from the "Email Address" field at the top of the screen. When you click on "Confirm Email Address" you will be sent a confirmation request via email. Clicking on the link contained in the email will act as confirmation of your email address.
Adding mobile phone
We do not auto-populate mobile numbers for security reasons. As such, users will always need to enter their number in this section. The number format required is the country code plus the number (i.e. +61xxxxxx). Once you enter your mobile phone number, click on "Send Confirmation Code". You will be sent a code via sms - this code will need to be entered in the field specified and then click on "Confirm".
Once either or both of the above settings are confirmed, you will notice that the "Enable Two-Factor Authentication" button is activated and can be clicked on. When you do click on the button the following popup will appear:
Please note: SMS codes for Australian businesses can only be sent to AU numbers. For international users please set up Email and Google Authenticator as the two authentication methods.
To enable Google Authenticator you'll need to open the Google Authenticator app on your phone, then click the 'Configure Google Authenticator' link on the web page. You'll then need to scan the barcode or QR code that is shown. Below is an example (the barcode has been blurred as it is only for demonstration purposes):
Enter the 6-digit code that is shown in the app, and click 'Enable'.
You will then be redirected to the main login screen. After you have logged in you will be taken back to the "My Account" screen where you will see that 2FA has been enabled:
Any full access user, restricted user and employee user can choose to opt-in and enable 2FA for their account. To do this follow the same instructions as above.
If you have any questions or feedback, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org